Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Resource Handler causes about:blank#blocked Options
Stefan Koell
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 8:05:36 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I updated to the latest version of EO WebBrowser and since then my users have issues with links/js which invokes custom resource handlers. For example: when they use vmware vCenter and click on the link "Launch Console", a link "vmrc://somedata" is invoked by the browser. In the past the webbrowser just forwarded these to the OS which handled that and opened the console.

With the latest release I get a blank (white) screen and in the URL box I get "about:blank#blocked"

Has something changed in this release where i need to tweak some setting?

Thank you,
Stefan
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 3:38:34 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This appears to be an issue. The original purpose of RegisterCustomSchemes is to "whitelist" a custom scheme so that it can pass the browser engine's internal security check thus would not end up as "blocked". However due to support of LaunchUrl event, this no longer appears to be necessary. So the logic should be for an unknown scheme, if a resource handler is found, then the resource handler takes over. Otherwise LaunchUrl event is raised (if you do not handle it the default OS handler will be called).

Please let us know if you see any problem with this logic. We will need to change our code in order to implement this logic.

Thanks!
Stefan Koell
Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2020 3:29:42 AM

Thanks for confirming the issue. As far as I'm concerned I think the logic would work - even if I intend to register my own handlers, I could.

Regards,
Stefan
Stefan Koell
Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2020 4:30:53 AM

Just a small update: when I set the EnableWebSecurity property to false, the handler is working and the OS popup to pick an app for the handler appears. Not the best solution but a possible workaround for my users until an update has been released.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, October 1, 2020 11:16:17 AM

Great. Glad to hear that you have found a workaround and thanks for sharing!
eo_support
Posted: Friday, October 9, 2020 4:36:46 PM

Hi,

This is just to let you know that we have posted a new build that should resolve this issue. In the new build when an unrecognized protocol is used, LaunchUrl will be called. You can then set e.UseOSHandler = true in your event handler to allow OS to handle it.

Thanks!
Stefan Koell
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2020 4:11:30 AM

Thanks for the update. Seems to work like a charm!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 7:44:08 AM

Great. Thanks for confirming the fix!