Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Webbrowser Options
Bumphrey
Posted: Saturday, November 7, 2020 1:39:51 AM
Groups: Member

I'm loading an XML file using the WebBrowser.WebView and I get the message "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it" at the top of the control. Other than that it renders fine.

is there any way to suppress that message ?

Also to achieve above i need to have the XML to a file and navigate there. Is there a way i can directly load the XML into the control and have it render as it does when loaded from file ?

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, November 8, 2020 11:10:52 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You can search online for this and you should be able to find plenty of information on this topic. As a general rule, we do not provide support on generic Web page issues. A simple test is to load the same page in Google Chrome browser and see if it behaves the same. If the page demonstrates the same behavior in a regular browser, then we consider it a general issue related to your page. In that case you would need to resolve such issue on your end.

Thanks!
Bumphrey
Posted: Sunday, November 8, 2020 1:56:45 PM

That is all well and good. I am NOT asking for support on generic web page issues. I am asking for support on the control which I paid a good deal of money for.

I asked is there a way to suppress the message. The control shows the message - is there a mechanism to suppress that in the control.

Also asking about loading and rendering directly is an issue pertaining to the control. I know I can do some stuff and get HTML and load that but I am asking is there a way with the control to load the XML directly and then tell the control to render that using the defaults.

Seriously this BS of not providing support on the control when you charge so much for it is complete and utter nonsense.
Bumphrey
Posted: Sunday, November 8, 2020 1:57:40 PM

NOT AMUSED !!
Bumphrey
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2020 3:29:48 PM

For clarity I ask again. Note I am asking about your control and not suggesting for a second that it is doing something wrong so I am bemused as to why the reference to Chrome in your response or your refusal to answer the question put.

I am asking for support on the control which I paid a good deal of money for.

I asked is there a way to suppress the message. The control shows the message - is there a mechanism to suppress that in the control.

Also asking about loading and rendering directly is an issue pertaining to the control. I know I can do some stuff and get HTML and load that but I am asking is there a way with the control to load the XML directly and then tell the control to render that using the defaults.

Please answer the questions put as they pertain directory to the control.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2020 3:59:49 PM

Hi,

As we have already explained in our previous reply, a general rule for our support is, if a web page demonstrates the same behavior in our control and a regular web browser (particular Google Chrome browser), then we consider this a generic Web page issue and we will not provide support on such issues.

The reason for this policy is two folds:

1. Our product is basically a .NET wrapper for Google's Chromium browser engine. So it CAN NOT behave differently than Chrome. People buy our product because it is based on a widely used maturing browser engine and does things exactly like a maturing browser engine do, not because they need another totally different browser engine that behaves differently. As such if our product behaves differently than Google Chrome, then people would be all over us asking why Google Chrome behaves this way and your product behaves that way;

2. There are numerous issues/technologies/standards involves in a web page. HTTP/HTTPs standards, DHTML standards, JavaScript standards, just to name a few. Our support do not cover those areas. So for example, a page may not functioning correctly due to a JavaScript code error. You can't ask us to troubleshoot such code errors for you because you would run into the same error if you run the same page in a regular web browser;

You seem to have a problem accepting this policy. If that's the case, we will be very happy to issue a full refund to you and ask you to take your business elsewhere. We understand that you may think that because you purchased a license, you are entitled to receive support on anything you want ---- this is not true. So if you do not feel you are being treated fairly here, we definitely do not want your money either. Please confirm if you wish us to cancel your order and receive a full refund.

Thanks!
Bumphrey
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2020 8:10:40 PM

AGAIN - I AM NOT SAYING THE CONTROL IS DOING ANYTHING WRONG. TRY READING THE QUESTION.

I am asking is there any way IN THE CONTROL to suppress the message. THAT IS VERY CLEARLY A QUESTION ABOUT THE CONTROL - NOT ABOUT BROWSER ET.AL.

I am further asking is there a way WITH THE CONTROL to load the xml directly from a variable and have THE CONTROL then treat it as if it was navigated to per a file URL rather than loaded from memory such that it will use the default style sheet and rendering.

BOTH QUESTIONS ARE ABOUT THE CONTROL. NOT ABOUT HOW IT DIFFERS FROM CHROME OR ANY OTHER BROWSER.
Bumphrey
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2020 8:15:29 PM

And specifically about support I understand you do not want to spend time and effort supporting things that are not your product. I have not and am not asking you to. i do however expect support on your product.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 9:28:15 AM

Bumphrey wrote:
I am asking is there any way IN THE CONTROL to suppress the message. THAT IS VERY CLEARLY A QUESTION ABOUT THE CONTROL - NOT ABOUT BROWSER ET.AL.

No.

As additional information that you may find helpful, when you look for a specific feature on our control, try to think our control = web browser first, especially when it comes to rendering. In another word, if a page renders red in a normal browser, we can not render it as blue. By extension, if the only way to change the rendering from red to blue is to change the input (typically the HTML) in a normal browser, then that's the way to do with our controls as well.

Bumphrey wrote:
I am further asking is there a way WITH THE CONTROL to load the xml directly from a variable and have THE CONTROL then treat it as if it was navigated to per a file URL rather than loaded from memory such that it will use the default style sheet and rendering.

Not directly.

However you could convert XML to HTML using your own stylesheet (that's what the stylesheet is for) and then load the HTML from memory through this method:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/eo.webbrowser.webview.loadhtml_overloads.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Bumphrey
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 12:07:20 PM

Thanks - appreciate the answers. Pretty much the type of answer I was expecting but it was pretty hard to get to. Not sure why I had to go through 5 days of back and forth and all the argie-bargie to get to it. Anyways we finally arrived :)
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2020 12:32:04 PM

Great. Glad that it helped! Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else.
rainstuff
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 5:35:54 AM

Hi, Bumphrey!
If it is java-message, you can try to supress it by adding your custom handler to webview.

Code: C#
webview.JSDialog += new JSDialogEventHandler(webView1_JSDialog);

private void webView1_JSDialog(object sender, JSDialogEventArgs e)
        {          
                e.Cancel();
        }
Bumphrey
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 12:17:11 PM

Hi rainstuff
Thanks for that - much appreciated. I've added a style sheet / transformation to the XML and am loading that directly. Aside from that this is the sort of thing I was looking for, I will give it a go - new to the control so not sure what it can and cannot do, what hooks are available etc. You're suggestion very welcome.