Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Slow load on first open Options
CAESYDev
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2020 11:08:32 AM
Groups: Member

I have an application that opens a child window that acts as a browser for the application. This child window creates a WebView on load, then creates a request with the URL passed in, and loads the request with the WebView that was created. The only issue is that the first load takes a very long time, upwards of 15-20 seconds at times - that is testing using google.com.

I've tried setting the cache path, as well as using a ThreadRunner to create a WebView in the main application after reading this post: https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/postst11906_WinForms--WebBrowser--Avoid-slow-start-performance.aspx Neither of these have sped up the overall performance of the first load. I've waited several minutes after opening the main application to give it time to create the WebView in the background, however I haven't seen a difference there either.

Any ideas or tips would be much appreciated. Thanks!

eo_support
Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 10:05:55 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Sorry about the delay. One of the most common cause for this kind of delay is some AntiVirus/security software that scans our DLLs when the code first loaded. If that's the case, there is no way for us to speed up things on our side since the delay is caused by them. The delay would have to be resolved on their side. So please check that first.

The second common cause is our DLLs are located on a slow network drive. Since our DLLs are quite large (particular EO.WebEngine.dll), so it can take a while to load if it is on a slow or network drive. In that case you would want to move them to a local drive.

Thanks!