Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Touch Screen problem Options
TK
Posted: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 11:54:48 PM
Groups: Member

I am using V2020.3.34. When user click the text field in webbrowser component through touch screen, the cursor appear in the text field. However, when he type something in the keyboard, the text doesn't appear in the text field. He need to use a mouse to click the text field to make it work. How to fix it?
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 1:51:39 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Please check if you have tablet mode enabled on your system. On Windows 10 if you have both touch device and physical keyboard/mouse connected, then touch input won't work correctly unless tablet mode is enabled.

If that still does not work, please try the latest build from our download page and see if it works for you. We tested it here and touch input does work fine.

Thanks!
TK
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 10:40:18 PM

Hi,

Just try the latest version, the problem still exists. I think this is the same case as "WebBrowser keyboard focus not on element when selected via touch" https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/postst11805_WebBrowser-keyboard-focus-not-on-element-when-selected-via-touch.aspx
This problems seems to be fixed in EO.Total 20.2.19. Where can I download this version now?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2021 9:59:33 AM

Hi,

The code that fixed this issue is the same in the current version. So the current version should already have the fix. So what you have could be a different issue. As such please try to isolate the problem into a test project and send the test project to us. Once we have that we will try to reproduce it here and then go from there. See here for details on sending test project to us:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/test_project.aspx

Thanks!
TK
Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2021 11:01:10 AM

I still believe it is the same case since the problem described is exactly the same. Can u show me where to get the version EO.Total 20.2.19 so that I can confirm whether it is the same case in a few minutes. I need to fix it or find a temporary solution for my clients asap. Please help.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2021 11:27:42 AM

Hi,

We have PMed you with the download link for that build.

Thanks!
TK
Posted: Sunday, June 6, 2021 11:42:22 PM

Hi,

I found that if I create the webview by dragging the webcontrol from the toolbox to my winForm, the touch event work perfectly. However if I use the PictureBox's window handle to initialize the webview, i.e. webView1.Create(this.pictureBox1.Handle); , it fail to set focus when touch.
My temporary solution is to add "touchstart" Event Listener to my html pages to call a function in my winFrom to setFcous to the webview. However, it is not a good way since I need to change every html page.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, June 7, 2021 10:32:29 AM

Hi,

This makes sense. There are two different classes: WebControl and WebView. WebView is platform (Windows.Forms/WPF) neutral and it does not have any code specific for Windows.Forms or WPF. The two wrapper class EO.WinForm.WebControl/EO.Wpf.WebControl has special code that handles platform integration such as event/focus management for specific platform. So if you skip that class then focus/event integration won't work properly.

Thanks!