Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

while converting pdf cell border is missing at the bottom using essential objects c# EO pdf to conve Options
Ben
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 2:51:06 AM
Groups: Member

while converting pdf cell border is missing at the bottom using essential objects EO pdf to convert my html url to pdf ,On the bottom of the page The cell border is missing in the pdf document converting from html to pdf Is there a way to fix this?
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 2:06:48 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

When a table with cell borders are split into multiple pages, the cell border in the middle of the page will either appear at the end of the first page, or at the beginning of the second page. It will NOT be duplicated. So if this is what you are trying to achieve, then unfortunately there is no way to do that.

There are a few options to avoid such "open bottom" tables. One way is not to use horizontal cell border lines --- use different colors instead. For example, rows background colors alternating between white and gray. Another way is to use table header and footer. Table header and footer will automatically be repeated at the beginning and the end of each table "segment". So it can "close" the "open bottom" table for you. See here for more details about table header/footer feature:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/pdf/htmltopdf/table_header.aspx

Hope this helps. Please feel free to let us know if you still have any more questions.

Thanks
Ben
Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2021 7:51:34 AM

Hi Thank you for your answer.

My goal is to convert a single page document which have cell border at the end. Once I converted bottom border alone missing. Even I cant see that in next page or anywhere. I get only one page as output Same scenario for another document which has right side border, Right side border is missing in this case.searching in EO i can't find anything.What could be the solution for this. Please help me to proceed further.Iam looking forward to your reply.Thanks in Advance.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, June 3, 2021 10:10:51 AM

Hi,

Please try to zoom in the file in your PDF Viewer and see if the line appears. Sometimes PDF Viewer application would hide a line if it is too thin.

If that's not the problem, you can send us a small test application to demonstrate the problem and we will investigate further. See here for more details on how to send test project to us:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/test_project.aspx

Thanks!
Ben
Posted: Friday, June 4, 2021 5:58:44 AM

Hi,

Yes ,After zooming the file in pdf, i can able to see the line appears at the bottom of the cell..But I want it should be visible normally(without zoom).Kindly proceed it to further.Iam looking forward to your reply.Thanks in Advance.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, June 4, 2021 3:36:47 PM

Hi,

It is not possible for us to address such issues on our side. Internally PDF represents line width in float value. When this float value is displayed, the PDF Viewer application must round it to the nearest pixel value based on the device that it is being rendered on. Each PDFViewer has their own logic/algorithm to decide how to round the line width and when to show or not show a line. The rule of thumb is the higher resolution the output device is, the more accurate the result will appear. This is why when you zoom in you will be able to see the "real" line. Likewise, when you print it it should appear as well.

Because there are numerous PDFViewer application out there, it is not possible for us to tweak the value on our end and "hope" they will like our tweak. Instead we write the "real" value in the PDF file and at their mercy on however they want to display it.

Thanks!