Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Login control inside EO Dialog doesn't work Options
Martin Emmett
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 4:27:58 AM
Groups: Member

Hello, I'm hoping you may be able to shed some light on this:

I am using forms authentication for my application, using the standard ASP.NET sql membership provider and login controls. I've placed an asp:Login control inside an EO modal dialog on my default page. In the page load (on every page in the app) I check if the user is authenticated; if not they are redirected to the default page and the dialog is displayed forcing them to log in. This was all working fine until a couple of days ago, when the login control just decided to stop working. At first I thought it must be something in the web.config that's changed, but couldn't identify anything. However, if I take the asp:Login control out of the dialog and just place it on the page, it works. It's only when the login control is inside the dialog it stops working. There are no errors, it's just as though the button click on the login control is ignored.

My dialog is defined as follows:

<eo:dialog id="loginBox" runat="server" allowresize="True" backshadecolor="GhostWhite"
backshadeopacity="70" bordercolor="#335C88" borderstyle="Outset"
borderwidth="2px" controlskinid="None"
headerhtml="Media Contacts - Please Log In" height="160px"
imagebasedirectory="~/Images" minimizebuttonurl="00070102" resizeimageurl="00020014"
restorebuttonurl="00070103" shadowcolor="LightGray" shadowdepth="3"
width="375px" VerticalAlign="Middle" AcceptButton="LoginButton"
AcceptButtonPostBack="true">
<HeaderStyleActive CssText="padding-right: 4px; padding-left: 4px; font-size: 11px; background-image: url(00070104); padding-bottom: 3px; padding-top: 3px; font-family: tahoma" />
<ContentStyleActive CssText="border-top: #335c88 1px solid; background-color: #e5f1fd" />
<FooterStyleActive CssText="background-color: #e5f1fd; padding-bottom: 8px;" />
<ShowEffect Type="RevealTopToBottom" />
<CloseEffect Type="RevealTopToBottom" />
<ContentTemplate>
<div style="width:20%; float:left">
<asp:Image ID="loginImage" runat="server" ImageUrl="~/Images/vcLogOnOn.png" />
</div>
<div style="width:80%; float:left">
<asp:Login ID="userLogin" runat="server" >
</asp:Login>
</div>
</ContentTemplate>
</eo:dialog>

and in my Page_Load I have:

if (!User.Identity.IsAuthenticated)
{
ClientScriptManager csm = Page.ClientScript;
csm.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(), "loginScript", "eo_GetObject('loginBox').show(true);", true);
}

I've even tried defining a template within the Login control to ensure the ID of the login button is "LoginButton" and so matches the AcceptButton property of the dialog, but this makes no difference. May I stress that this DID work until recently, and I'm struggling to identify what's changed, but it seems to relate to the EO Dialog.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 6:38:59 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

That's very interesting. We can not think of anything that would cause that, but we would be happy to take a look of your page. Do you have it online?

Thanks
Martin Emmett
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 8:01:51 AM
Groups: Member

Hi

Unfortunately no it's not online, it's an internal company application hence the need to ensure users log in before accessing the system (only a handful of employees will have access to the application). However, the only thing on the default page other than what I've posted below is a div with some text.

The only thing I can think of that may be relevant is I've upgraded the project to .Net 3.5 from 2.0 but am still using the 2007.1 EO controls, although I'd swear it's worked since doing that.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2008 8:31:35 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Martin,

Try upgrade to the latest first. We constantly posts new builds that includes bug fixes; and most importantly, changes that are necessary to support the latest MS releases. So make sure you are on the latest (2007.2.43). If you already have a license key for 2007.1, you would need to log into your account to get a license key for 2007.2. It should be free for you if you didn't get your keys 2007.1 through free upgrade.

If the problem persists, my understanding is that the login control won't even postback ---- so none of your back end logic is even triggered (except for the code that initially displays the dialog). In that case is it possible for you to isolate the problem into a test project and send it us?

Thanks