Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Activate the automation of different Chrome Extensions in the webview Options
Prequena84
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2021 7:13:27 AM
Groups: Member

Hello, good morning, support, how are you? I have a request from a client that needs to load a Chrome extension in the webview, the extension is "1clickVPN", since it is next to the URL bar in the traditional chrome browser and in The webview that bar is not here, I ask for your help to illuminate my path, thanks:

eo_support
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2021 9:05:30 AM
Groups: Administration

We do not currently support third party extensions. So there is no way for you to automatically load it. Sorry about it!
Prequena84
Posted: Thursday, June 24, 2021 9:36:32 AM

Hi thanks for answering I really appreciate it, how can I enjoy the VPN or rotate the IP with what I have? there is the possibility of running the plugin from the same chrome, should there be a method?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2021 1:40:07 PM

Hi,

We do not have detailed information on such extensions since our product does not support it. We can only provide you some basic background information.

There are two ways to reroute network traffic. A true VPN works on the network layer (the lower layer) and is usually managed by the system (for example, if you go to Windows 10 Network Settings, you will see VPN settings). Such VPN is transparent to application. So it would not have anything to do with Chrome or EO.WebBrowser and they would not be aware of the VPN at all.

A second way to reroute network traffic is to through a proxy server. Proxy setting can be managed by the system or individually by applications. Many so called "VPN for Chrome" are in fact just configuration settings that points to a specific proxy server. If you know the proxy server settings, you can configure it through code as well:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/eo.webengine.engineoptions.proxy.aspx

You can try this out with TabbedBrowser sample application by adding something like this into App.xaml.cs:

Code: C#
EO.WebEngine.EngineOptions.Default.Proxy = new EO.Base.ProxyInfo(your_proxy_settings);

Hope this points you to the right direction.

Thanks!
Prequena84
Posted: Friday, June 25, 2021 1:51:21 PM

Good morning, so I must look for this module within your example app, I download it and then I look for how to replicate that example knowing the IPs where the VPNs of the Chrome App points to as it were, thanks ovy to investigate that to see how I can put together, any other doubt or error that I think I will be notified, I appreciate your response
Prequena84
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2021 11:34:42 AM

Hello good morning, I just applied the example of this line in the TabbedBrowser demo with a configuration of a free Proxy Server public on the Web to do a test and the App gave me an error that said it could not connect to the Proxy Server, I I tested the IP and the port on my PC and I take it well on my PC but not in the App, it could be that because it is a free Proxy I don't have a username and password for that server and I can't connect? thank you very much for your reply!
Prequena84
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2021 11:35:31 AM

Hello good morning, I just applied the example of this line in the TabbedBrowser demo with a configuration of a free Proxy Server public on the Web to do a test and the App gave me an error that said it could not connect to the Proxy Server, I I tested the IP and the port on my PC and I take it well on my PC but not in the App, it could be that because it is a free Proxy I don't have a username and password for that server and I can't connect? thank you very much for your reply!
eo_support
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2021 1:15:20 PM

Hi,

You will need to troubleshoot this kind of issues yourself. Our API allows you to enter username and password as well.

Thanks!
Prequena84
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 1:16:06 PM

Hello good afternoon Sirs of Support, I want to warn you that it worked for me now, I had entered some wrong data in the IP address and that is why I had not taken it, it was barbarous.

Now, a question, when changing the URL or opening another new page, is it taken by the IP of the Proxy configured automatically or should I re-run the configuration?
In the case that you want to resume the IP of the Machine, I destroy the Webview and recreate it? or how would the theory of this be, thank you very much !.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 4:13:25 PM

Hi,

The configuration is set on the Engine level. So as long as you do not change Engine object (by default there is one global Engine object), the setting will continue to take effect. See here for more information on Engine object:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/doc/webbrowser/advanced/engine.aspx

Thanks!
Prequena84
Posted: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 10:46:27 AM

Great I am clear, thank you very much !.