Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Ajax Toolkit Options
Ria
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:16:37 PM
Groups: Member

Are your controls compatible with de ajax toolkit?
I used a modalpopupextender and now i get the following error:

Runtime-fout Microsoft JScript: '_eo_aspnet11' is niet gedefinieerd.

i work with asp 2.0
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:25:45 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Ria,

Or you can ask "Is AJAX Toolkit compatible with our controls?". :) Some of AJAX toolkit controls work with our controls while others do not. It is our goal to have them work seamlessly together though, but like any controls, they rely on implementation details of other controls. So in reality it is impossible to guarantee our controls and their controls will always work together.

Thanks
Ria
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 12:18:04 AM

I use your components often but...
i want to use the ajaxtoolkit because i don't have the time learning to know all about javascript now .
with the modalpopupextender I can use modalpopupextender.show() whenever i need the popup and that's for me faster and easier. when I 've finished the working my project I can make it smoother and nicer.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 6:55:07 AM

Yes. We understand that. :) That's why it is also our goal to have them work seamlessly together as well. But in reality that is often difficult. We can make all the effort to make it work in this version and then they can change something in their next version, then all falls apart.
Ria
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:18:00 AM

can you make it possible to activate the dialog without java, so by dialog%.show.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 7:30:55 AM

Yes. There is a ShowButton property for the dialog control. Set that property and you won't need to deal with any JavaScript.
Ria
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:32:44 AM

My wish is:
click on a button in your grid, activate a dialog and depending on the choice of the user run further actions all this without javascript as the modalpopupextender does
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:58:08 AM

Hi Ria,

I do not believe you can do that with modalpopupextender. Both our Dialog and ModalPopupExtender works in a very similar way. We have StartButton, and ModalPopupExtender has TargetControlID, in another word, they both are tied to a single control. As to anything inside a control (in your example, a link button in the grid), I do not believe you can get away from JavaScript. In fact as a web developer, you probably will never be able to escape from JavaScript. Sooner or later you will have to learn it. :)

Thanks