Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

How can this website detect that EO is not a real browser? Options
Owen F
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2022 8:06:39 PM
Groups: Member

I am trying to create a small application that will automatically check containers status and save it to a database.

If I try to go this website with Chrome: https://www.zim.com/tools/track-a-shipment and enter ZIMUSAV968904 as the container number it works.

If I try to use EO Browser to go to this page, enter the container number and click on track shipment (Same like in a regular browser), I get access is denied.

How can the website tell the difference between a regular browser an EO Browser, especially since I have not automated anything. I thought it it the User Agent but I have tried to change it (Using Fiddler) and the request was still denied.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...
eo_support
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2022 12:07:39 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

There are many subtle differences between EO.WebBrowser and Google Chrome even if they are based on the same core engine and a web page developer can actively examine those differences in order to selectively deny their services to certain application/implementations. For example, Google has been actively blocking Chromium embedder from accessing to their services. Obviously exactly what they check is guarded as a secret to avoid being circumvented. However this posts lists some ideas:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41801836/how-can-google-detect-a-request-is-from-a-webview

This posts discusses the difference between Android WebView and the full Google Chrome browser. However the idea is exactly the same as Android WebView is a WebView embedded inside another app, even if the WebView is implemented by Google itself.

Thanks!