Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

eowp.exe in NUGET package is different from installation Options
MIDBACK
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2022 9:14:07 AM
Groups: Member

In my temporary folder there is a file eowp.22.1.94.0.exe.
If I compare this file with the eowp.exe which is shipped as a NUGET package on
https://www.nuget.org/packages/EO.WebBrowser.Wpf/22.1.94, I find out that they are different.
If I install EO from https://www.essentialobjects.com/download, the contained eowp.exe is identical.

If I replace the eowp.exe in the NUGET package by the one generated in the temporary folder or by the one from the installation, nothing is created in the temporary folder and the eowp.exe is used from its location next to EOBase.dll.
So, I assume that the eowp.exe contained in the NUGET package is the wrong one.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, September 19, 2022 3:56:55 PM
Groups: Administration

Thanks for letting us know. We have confirmed that the eowp.exe in the nuget packages are the incorrect version. The file in the nuget package is the 32 bit version, where as other DLLs are for 64 bit systems. This usually does not cause problem at runtime because our runtime code will automatically detect eowp.exe's bitness and if it is the wrong bitness, it will be overwritten with the correct one. Nevertheless, we will correct this error in our next build.
mh_dev
Posted: Monday, October 3, 2022 4:47:43 PM

We're working to upgrade our nuget package version, and targeted v2022.2.19 and just noticed the v2022.2.49 that fixes this issue.

We are using the EO.WebBrowser, and were wondering what scenario this issue would surface a user facing problem. We are just trying to make a judgment call if we want to upgrade our package reference to 2.49 versus the more stable 2.19.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, October 3, 2022 5:12:48 PM

Hi,

The wrong eowp.exe should only have minimum runtime impact because at runtime the code checks whether eowp.exe is correct, and if it is not correct, it will be overwritten with the correct one. You could also get the correct eowp.exe from the full installer (let us know if you need the download link) and include the correct one in your application's distribution so the code won't try to overwrite it from the start. So if you are concerned about the stability of 2.49 there is no need for you to upgrade.

Thanks!
mh_dev
Posted: Monday, October 3, 2022 5:16:57 PM

When you say it will be overwritten with the correct one, where does the correct one come from?
eo_support
Posted: Monday, October 3, 2022 5:20:07 PM

The correct one is embedded inside EO.Base.dll so it is capable to automatically creates eowp.exe even if you do not include any with your application. However you may run into permission issues in some environments. So it's considered safer for you to include the right one from the start.
MIDBACK
Posted: Tuesday, October 4, 2022 2:57:14 AM

Yes, the execution of the created eowp.exe in the temporary folder was forbidden due to my computer policies. If I disable them, eowp.exe of 22.1.94 runs correctly.
Anyway disabling is no longer necessary since https://www.nuget.org/packages/EO.WebBrowser.Wpf/22.2.49 fixes the problem.