Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Chromium Update Frequency Options
KSystems
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2023 2:13:53 PM
Groups: Member

Hello Support,
We have several customers that are using Duo for Single Sign-On. By default they have a Duo security policy that Chrome or any web browser must not be more than 1 month old, and if it is they could deny login. I believe this is using the User Agent header.

Just out of curiosity, does EO have any Chromium update cadence they follow internally? How often do you update the Chromium version? Looking at the Change Logs I can see it's an average of twice a year. Is that going to be the case for the next year or more?

I fully understand that updating can take more or less time depending on the amount and scope of the changes, and having a set interval of updating may not always be possible. We are just trying to understand our options.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2023 2:33:49 PM
Groups: Administration

Right now our pace is about twice a year and we are trying to increase it as the process is more and more streamlined. However we do not have any plan to reduce it to be within a month as not only that it would be a challence on our end, but also a lot of our corporate customers can't afford to such rapid changes (a lot of them are required to retest everything when there is a major change). This is different than Chrome browser itself because it's for the end user, where as our product is for developers and the internal testing/validation process is often much more complicated for a development project.