Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EO.WebBrowser displays blank screen Options
denice
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 8:58:24 AM
Groups: Member

Using the latest version of EO.Total 2023.2.65, on specific machines running on Windows 10, no web content can be visualized through EO. WebBrowser. Based on the tests conducted, we found out that the actual content is there, and the web elements are located correctly and are also fully functional. The only issue is that the window lacks any visualization (it's completely blank).
The Windows workstations have been thoroughly inspected, and the possible reasons that could potentially cause the issue have been isolated.
We have also double-checked to ensure that the graphics drivers are up-to-date and not corrupted.
The specific example is made on a Dell E6230 notebook, which has fully supported hardware.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 10:54:52 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Are you able to reproduce this problem on any other system? Can you also try to add the following line into App.xaml.cs in TabbedBrowser sample application and see if it works?

Code: C#
EO.WebEngine.EngineOptions.Default.DisableGPU = true;

Thanks!
denice
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 11:29:36 AM

Regarding point 1. Yes, we can reproduce the issue on several systems. I can add Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Datacenter (x64) to the list of systems where the problem persists.

Regarding point 2. Yes, we have already done that. I'm adding a few more lines that have already been checked, but with no result.
EO.WebEngine.EngineOptions.Default.DisableGPU = true;
EO.WebEngine.EngineOptions.Default.ExtraCommandLineArgs = (EO.WebEngine.EngineOptions.Default.ExtraCommandLineArgs ?? "") + "--force-renderer-accessibility";
EO.WebEngine.EngineOptions.Default.ExtraCommandLineArgs = (EO.WebEngine.EngineOptions.Default.ExtraCommandLineArgs ?? "") + "--disable-webgl"
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 11:36:39 AM

Hi,

We will need to be able to reproduce the problem first in order to get to the bottom of such issues. Is the problem related to a specific page/Url? If so can you share the Url with us through private message? Does the problem occurs with TabbedBrowser sample application? If so the problem may be related to specific option/switches in your code, in that case can you send us a test application that duplicate the problem? See here for more details:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/test_project.aspx

Thanks!
denice
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 12:44:54 PM

"Is the problem related to a specific page/Url? " -> No, as I mentioned above, the problem is reproduced with any web source. You can use this address for your test: "https://www.abv.bg/". We have checked that it's a valid example.
" Does the problem occurs with TabbedBrowser sample application?" -> No, we are using WPF graphical subsystem
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 2:05:21 PM

denice wrote:

" Does the problem occurs with TabbedBrowser sample application?" -> No, we are using WPF graphical subsystem

I am not exactly sure what you meant by "using WPF graphical subsystem". Do you mean your application is WPF based? TabbedBrowser is also WPF based. If TabbedBrowser does not show the problem but the problem occurs in your application, then there must be something different in between the two that triggered the problem. In that case can you try to identify exactly what triggered the problem and produce a test project that can reproduce the problem?
denice
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 2:35:27 PM

We are using EO.WebBrowser integrated in a .NET application.
We have identified the above-described issue as specific and one that can always be reproduced on certain machines.
If I knew exactly what triggered the problem, I wouldn't be opening a topic here.
So, if you intend to investigate it, I can provide you with the necessary information.
To save a time, you can use the keywords I mentioned above
1. Specific hardware: for example Dell E6230 notebook running on Windows 10Pro
2. O.WebBrowser integrated in a .NET application, EO.Total 2023.2.65
3. I'm far from the thought of wasting each other's time, so if we could skip the questions about system settings and bad drivers.
However, I remain entirely at your disposal, in case you are truly interested in discovering your issue and protecting your clients from such situations. . if not, we are already considering alternative solutions outside of your services, so as not to compromise the work of our clients.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, July 18, 2023 3:00:08 PM

Hi,

It is not an option for us to acquire specific hardware (in your case Dell E6230 notebook) for a specific issue that we do not have any particular idea about the root cause yet, not to mention about the time involved, and the potential of a different configuration of the system we acquire than the system you have that causes the problem not to appear on our system.

The most effective way to resolve your issue is for you to compare your application and our reference sample application in order to find out exactly what triggered the problem. This is plain and simple: you are the only party that have both an application that works and an application that does not work. We would have done the comparision if we were in the same position. Once you find out exactly what code triggered the problem, we will try to duplicate that scenario here, or if we still can't duplicate it, then at least we can analyze the relevant source code to see what we can find. Without you finding out exactly what triggered the problem, it is not feasible for us to analyze 30 millions+ lines of code of the Chromium browser engine to find out the exact cause for you. Even if we were willing to do it, it would be like searching for a ring at the bottom of the ocean, in the end it would just be a waste time for both of us.

Obviously, if this is not acceptable for you, then you should look for other solutions as we have already clearly explained above that other options are not viable.

Thanks!
denice
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2023 10:03:25 AM

Well, the issue was caused by too many stylizations being used in combination with the capabilities of the graphics hardware (fully supported hardware, as I mentioned above) .
I sincerely hope that you will take the necessary steps in future versions of your product so that this combination of circumstances does not lead to a blank screen.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2023 10:09:48 AM

Thanks for the update. In order for us to take any meaningful steps we will have to reproduce the problem here first. Can provide more details about exactly what you meant by "too many stylizations"?

"Fully supported" hardware does not mean it will do everything you want to do. A well constructed and fully certified boat will still sink if you overload it. So it is incorrect for you to assume that fully supported hardware will handle any combination you throw at it.
denice
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2023 10:26:55 AM

I completely agree with you, would you provide us with official system requirements that if met, you guarantee that your product will work (here I do not admit faulty code, as in our case the problem is not due to code errors)
There are no steps to reproduce, the problem occurs on certain machines, not on others. I tried to give you specifics in my previous comments, which you dismissed. I'm not allowed to provide the source code of our application until we decide whether to trust your products. But you may try with google.com or any other web site to reprodice.
Despite that, your boat example is both amusing and valid. So I am awaiting your official specifications.

eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2023 11:03:10 AM

There is no "official specifications" for something like a web browser engine. There are millions of different hardware combinations and billions of different web pages out there that all uses the browser engine in different ways. So there is no "guarantee" of any kind that would ever be produced because you are looking for a combinations of millions of hardware multiply billions of different web pages and give you a "guarantee" that hardware X will work with page Y, which would be a test documentation with zillions of test entries. Obviously such document would not exist.

In term of web browser, instead of looking for "guarantee", you should look for "odds" (just like if you were to gamble, your question would be "how likely am I going to win" instead of "Am I guaranteed to win"). For any web browser engine, there will ALWAYS be something/somepage that will NOT work. You will want to find an engine that MOST LIKEKY to work for you, and in case it doesn't work (as in your case), how easy/fast is it for you to work around the problem and get it to work for you. This is where a popular and widely used browser engine has an advantage over a less popular one. Our product is based on Google's Chromium browser engine. It is not only the most widely used and donminate browser engine, but also fully open source (which means all the source code has been widely scrutinized over and over). So it is also the safest browser engine available.
denice
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2023 3:22:54 PM

Hello again, I also like quotes much.
I was just wondering , If we decide to pay you 30% of the product price for support, will we receive the same service?

eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 20, 2023 3:30:08 PM

denice wrote:
I was just wondering , If we decide to pay you 30% of the product price for support, will we receive the same service?

I am not sure if I understand your question. Support is automatically included for one year when you purchase a license. It's not purchased separately.