Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Close browser firing failed load on 2023_x when 2020_1_88 did not Options
penright
Posted: Friday, December 1, 2023 9:07:06 AM

Groups: Member

I may need some help in forming my question. :-) We use the app as a Kisok-type environment, so as to keep the user in a small world.
I was running on 2020_1_88 for a long time, and this year I needed to upgrade to support newer Angular. The browser control is on a tab page, in a tab control. When a new window is asked for, that is captured and a new tab is opened. The mouse is captured and if the click is in the area of its X-off icon and confirmed, then the closing/removing of the tab is started. Right before the tab is removed from the control, a browser close is called '_WebView.close(True)'. This is firing the "Private Sub _WebView_LoadFailed(sender As Object, e As LoadFailedEventArgs) Handles _WebView.LoadFailed". This did not happen in older code, is there a better way to handle this?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, December 1, 2023 11:32:02 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You do not need to call _WebView.Close(true). You can simply close the tab in your code and the WebView will be destroyed automatically.

We are not exactly sure why LoadFailed is called though. By default, all pending loading operation will be triggered with LoadFailed when the WebView is destroyed. However if your WebView has already successfully loaded the page, then LoadFailed should not be called. So if you continue to experience this problem, please try to isolate the problem into a test project and send the test project to us. Once we have that we will debug into it and see what we can find. See here for more details on sending test project to us:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/forum/test_project.aspx

Thanks!
penright
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2023 9:41:31 AM

Just closing the tab leaves something that clicking on the link a couple of times will cause issues. I am not sure how to pair it down. In some of the threads, there is talk about a tab example. That may have been what we based ours on years ago, I don't remember. Anyway, I was going to see if I could duplicate the issue with it. Where do I download the example from?
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, December 5, 2023 9:48:25 AM

The sample application is included in our full installer from our download page:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/download

You would download it and run the installer, then you would see the sample solution file in Program Files\Essential Objects\EO.Total 2023\Samples\EO.Total.Samples.sln. Load that with Visual Studio and you will see a number of samples. One of them is TabbedBrowser sample application. You can then browse the source code from there.
penright
Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2023 12:38:10 PM

I will PM you two URLs, one is the issue I am seeing, and the other seems to work. I'm not sure what the difference is other than servers.
I can post the code, but I only hooked up the LoadFail event. It might be easier for you to add that to your tab example. I just added a breakpoint to see that if fired.

Right below the TitleChange event add ...
Quote:

Private Sub m_WebView_TitleChanged(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
Title = m_WebView.Title
RelayoutTabHeaders()
End Sub

Private Sub m_WebView_LoadFail(sender As Object, e As EventArgs)
End Sub '<---- Place Breakpoint here

Then to wire it up, add the event handler in the new ...
Quote:

'Handle various UI related events
AddHandler m_WebView.TitleChanged, New EventHandler(AddressOf m_WebView_TitleChanged)
AddHandler m_WebView.FaviconChanged, New EventHandler(AddressOf m_WebView_FaviconChanged)
AddHandler m_WebView.ConsoleMessage, New ConsoleMessageHandler(AddressOf m_WebView_ConsoleMessage)
AddHandler m_WebView.LoadFailed, New LoadFailedEventHandler(AddressOf m_WebView_LoadFail) '<-- Wire up the load file event handler

eo_support
Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2023 1:00:35 PM

Certainly. We are just waiting for the Urls.
penright
Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2023 2:01:33 PM

eo_support wrote:
Certainly. We are just waiting for the Urls.

They are sent. Just weird, can't wait to see what you find out. :-) :-)
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2023 2:10:39 PM

I don't think you sent it right. You need to click "PM ME" under any of our post to send it. In the "Post a private message" screen, you should see "eo_support" in "To" field. If you don't see that, you are sending it to someone else.
penright
Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2023 2:38:26 PM

I did send it to the wrong person. Me. :-) There is nothing really dangerous in the URL's anyway.
Ok, just tried it again, this time to you. :-)
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, December 7, 2023 2:53:18 PM

Unfortunately we still do not see it.
penright
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2023 10:29:03 AM

Just so I am sure I communicated correctly, the URL with Braums.com, and running the test pdf button did not fire the fail load when you x off of the tab, correct?

I am thinking out loud trying to think of a difference, maybe something on our firewall. So I loaded it down on my home PC and the loadfailed when x off the tab.

Would a pcap file help any?
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2023 11:11:36 AM

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do here. In order to find out the root problem we need to see the problem here in our environment. As discussed previously you were able to reproduce the problem simply by hooking up LoadFailed event and then load your Url. As such we asked you to send us the Url so that we can try the same here. So why all the sudden you are trying to change direction?
penright
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2023 12:36:40 PM

eo_support wrote:
So why all the sudden you are trying to change direction?

Sorry, not trying to do that. Just when you said you could not reproduce it and I can ever time. I was trying to figure out what is different between us.

eo_support wrote:
As such we asked you to send us the Url so that we can try the same here.

I tried to resend the PM, with the URL's. Did you get them (the one that works and the one with the issue)? The first time I clicked on my PM.
If you did get the PM correctly the second time, the one with the issue is the URL to our ticket system. There was a test PDF button added to it.
__________________________________________________________________________________
I found another issue that I don't think is related so I am starting a different thread. I only mention the new issue here is to connect them in case it points to a difference in our environments.

eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2023 12:47:24 PM

No. We never received your PM with the Urls. That's where this was left.

If you continue to have trouble sending PM to us, you can use contact us page to send the Urls to us:

https://www.essentialobjects.com/contact

Thanks!
penright
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2023 12:56:29 PM

When you said you could not duplicate it, I thought you got it. My bad.

This website is protected, and the other is public anyway, so I guess it won't hurt.
The broken one is https://tickets.braums.com. There is a test button on the lower left-hand corner of the log-in box.

The one that works is https://www.greatplainsemmaus.org/printable-forms
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2023 1:21:00 PM

My apology. We should have been more clear on the wording. We will look into the Url to see what we can find and reply here again when we have an update.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2023 9:20:00 AM

Hi,

This is just to let you know that we have found the root cause of the problem. This will be resolved in our next build. We will reply here again as soon as the new build is available.

Thanks!
penright
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2023 9:52:34 AM

Thanks again.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2023 1:30:20 PM

Hi,

This is just to let you know that we have posted a new build (23.4.26) that should resolve this issue. You can download the new build from our download page. Please take a look and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
penright
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2023 2:38:20 PM

Seem to work. I did not do any regression testing, just added it to our labs. I will start to roll it out next week. No news is good news. :-)
I did remove all the "skip" in the error. I had to keep catching more different scenarios.