Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Grid ClientSideOnItemClicked Options
Versile Johnson
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 2:20:56 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I'm wondering what values are passed through ClientSideOnItemClicked... I've set it to a javascript function and I want the java function to open a dialog with the details of the item in an editable format, but don't know how to get to the key/cell/row clicked? I looked through the documentation but did not see it.

Thanks,

Versile
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 2:29:34 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

There isn't a ClientSideOnItemClicked. I assume you meant ClientSideOnItemSelected. The reference for this property should answer your question:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=EO.Web.Grid.ClientSideOnItemSelected.html

Thanks

Versile Johnson
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 2:46:36 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I'm glad you can read between the lines!!! Thanks for the help, to help others with a quick usage I've pasted the code below. I do have another question though - everytime I try to use a checkbox I get javascript errors, and I'd like to make the checkbox enabled false so it can't be clicked, and have not been successful making this happen.

Code: JavaScript
function GridItemSelected(item_grid)
    {
        var x = item_grid.getSelectedItem();
        alert('Item ' + x.getKey());
    }
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2008 3:26:53 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I am not sure why everything when you try to use a checkbox you get an error. Try to update to the latest version first, if it still happens try post a sample page and we will take a look.

I do not believe you can disable the checkbox in a CheckBoxColumn. You will need to use a CustomColumn to do all the magics with JavaScript.

Thanks