Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

CallBackPanel and DataGrid behavior Options
Samuele
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 8:34:40 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

i've used a CallBackPanel width inside a DataGrid. The CallBackPanel trigger is set to ID of DataGrid.
When i enter in edit mode (EditItemIndex = n) i've an two model column: first with CheckBoxList and second with ListBox.

The CallBackPanel inexplicably set onClick of all checkbox to _doPostBack and onChange of ListBox too. So when i press on checkbox or on list item raise a postback.

Why? as i can avoid it?

Thanks
Samuele
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, June 28, 2007 9:11:46 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Samuele,

Yes. It does that as long as it's a server control. The reason is because there is no reliable way to distinguish child controls that needs to raises postback, such as a button column and child controls that does not need to raises postback. Nevertheless, we will look into it further to see if we can work out something.

The easiest workaround would be instead of using a server control, use a regular HTML select element. Our callback will not touch that. That of course would require you to put a little bit more code on the server side to retrieve the value of the user's input. Please let us know if you need any help on that.

Thanks