Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

iframe not rendering until other controls moused over Options
Hugh J. Hitchcock
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 10:09:44 PM
Groups: Member

Hello, I am having another annoying issue with the EO libraries...

I have an asp:updatepanel . inside that I have an EO tabstrip / multiview. inside the first pageview I have an AJAXUploader for a photo upload. In the second pageview, I have an iframe that displays a documents table AJAXUploader for documents upload to that table. So the user can switch back and forth between the two pageviews to manage a users photo on one pageview and their documents on a second pageview.

everything works great, I am able to upload my photos on one pageview and upload my files on the second pageview and refresh the iframe to show the uploaded docuiments. the updatepanels work great, asynchronous callback is working fine.

there is only one problem: about half the time when I upload the documents, or delete a document, or do something that will change the content of the iframe table, and then I refresh the iframe content, the iframe does not get rendered -- that is, the content of the iframe just shows up blank -- until I mouse over the tabstip, or any other form control on the page. As soon as I mouse over the tabstrip or a text input, the iframe appears. At first I thought the iframe content was not being served or just being served a blank page, but when I view source I see that the entire document is there. Then when I mouse over the tabstrip controls the iframe content appears like a mouse over hover. totally non-desired effect here, folks...

I would like to see if I can find out what call is being made when these things are moused over, so maybe I can provide a workaround by calling the mouseover function when the iframe loads by the iframe document. but the EO code seems to be obfuscated and I can't really figure out what it is or what I would call to make the iframe appear. This is a total glitch, I'm afraid. So near, yet so far!

any help will be greatly appreciated, I feel like I am within arms reach of my goal, except for this silly glitch. Seems to happen a lot with this AJAX stuff, it does just what you want -- unless it doesn't. please help... -Hugh

eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:11:41 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Hugh,

Sorry to hear the problem. Is it possible for you to put the page online so that we can take a look?

Thanks
Hugh J. Hitchcock
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 7:26:02 AM
Groups: Member

sure, it will take me 24 hours to arrange that. I will post again