Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

ajaxuploader requirement Options
rahul
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:39:49 AM
Groups: Member

Hi, i have a requirement of ajax uploader which can upload larger files (6-7 GB) to our server through a asp page along with a progress bar.
Progress bar and upload control should not be bundled in one single dll. We have requirement of using progress bar on different location on

same page. Before uploading files we need to do enteries to database. which will return us an id, and files will be saved against the folder

with id returned. we tried so many .net controls. But most of them upload files on init function i.e. before the page gets loaded. we need to

call asp page for doing all insertions. Multiple download is also required. Any help wil be appreciated.

Thanks
Rahul Sharma
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:30:33 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I do not believe an uploader that can upload 6GB files exists. There is a hard limits of 2GB imposed by IE.

All of our controls are inside one DLL, which makes it very convenient for our users to deploy the controls. It shouldn't have anything to do with how you use them.

How you save IDs or other information to your database really have nothing to do with us. I am not sure what you mean by "most of them upload files on init function". The easiest way to think of our uploader is to think it as a simple textbox. User enters contents (files for uploader, text for textbox) and then submits the form. If that works with your business flow then the uploader will work for you.

Thanks