Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

connect between fileupload syntax to image. Options
guy_tayeb
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:54:34 AM
Groups: Member

hey
i have fileupload and i can upload picture to the server,
my proablem is that i dont know how to connect the picture to the page.
what is the code to connect between fileupload syntax to image.
thanks
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, April 24, 2008 8:47:46 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

The uploader helps you to get the file to your server. Once the file is on your server, you would treat it like any other image file that is on the server. For example, you can set an ImageButton's ImageUrl to that file. So it's a two step process:

1. User upload the file. You will need to set the uploader's FinalFileLocation or TempFileLocation, and optionally handle the uploader's FileUploaded event in order to decide what to do with the files user uploaded, or at least to be notified when a file is uploaded. Two keys tasks are done in this step:
a. The file is being transferred to your server to the location you specified. This part is done by the uploader;
b. The uploader tells you the name of the file;

So once this part is done, you will have the information about what file has been uploaded to where, for example, "user has just uploaded file abc.gif to c:\Images", which means you now have an image file “c:\Images\abc.gif” ready.

2. Display the image in whatever way you would like. This would be the same a displaying any images that are already on your server. This step has nothing to do with the uploader. So it is not covered by our support either.

Thanks