Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Context Menu Behavior Options
ktomecek
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2008 11:29:56 AM
Groups: Member

Code: Visual Basic.NET

Hello,
I have a ContextMenu. Inside one of the menu items I am trying to use a CustomItem. The CustomItem simply has some text, and then a DropDownList. When I select the DropDownList and use the mouse to select an item, apparently this is signaling to the ContextMenu to refresh, so I never can select the item from the DropDownList. I hope I am explaining this ok. Is there a way around this, or am I doing something wrong? Please advise.

Regards,
Karl Tomecek
eo_support
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2008 11:41:28 AM
Groups: Administration

ktomecek wrote:
apparently this is signaling to the ContextMenu to refresh, so I never can select the item from the DropDownList

I am not exactly sure what you mean by "signaling to the ContextMenu to refresh", I assume you mean the page get reloaded. In that case you should check two properties:

1. The CustomItem's CancelBubble property. It should be set to true in order for you to be able to click the drop down;

2. Check your menu's RaisesServerEvent property. If it is set to true, then the page will get posted back and reload every time you click a menu item. Consider setting it to false;

Thanks
ktomecek
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2008 11:51:52 AM

CancelBubble already set to True. RaisesServerEvent yields same result either True or False. What actually hapens is that when you go to select the item in the DropDownList, then dropdown menu goes away and you are back to the top level of the menu, so you can't select anything in the DropDownList.
ktomecek
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2008 12:02:37 PM

One additional thing I just discovered. It only behaves this way with IE, not with Firefox. Hope that helps. I am happy to show you the application online if you like, but I cannot post that info here.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2008 12:04:38 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Try setting the menu's KeepExpandedOnClick to true. You may also want to set the menu's CollapseDelay to 0.

Thanks
ktomecek
Posted: Friday, April 25, 2008 12:20:18 PM

OK. Setting the CollapseDelay to 0 did the trick! Thanks for your fast response.

Regards,
Karl Tomecek