Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

"SaveStateCrossPages" doesn't work in Dotnetnuke Portal Options
Galaxy
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 2:54:28 AM
Groups: Member

I use the slide menu in a dotnetnuke portal.
I set "SaveStateCrossPages" property to true and set a cookie name for "StateCookieName" property and it only work in the first time!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 6:06:48 AM
Groups: Administration

Check the ID of the slide menu. In order for SaveStateCrossPages to work, the ClientID of the slide menu must be the same all the time.
Galaxy
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 1:23:15 AM
Groups: Member

I added a SlideMenu to a module and set "Display Module On All Pages?" for this module, ClientID of the slidemenu is the same all the time but It doesn't work on "SaveStateCrossPages" property
I should mention that all of the DotNetNuke pages have been set to "default.aspx" . Don't you think it could make the problem?
Meanwhile, I didn't see any cookie file has been generated on any DotNetNuke pages, neither in a simple application that it can run "SaveStateCrossPages" property.

As I said before, it works for the first click on one of the opened link of the Slide menu pane, but for the second one it'll be closed.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:17:36 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

All pages are "default.aspx" doesn't really matter. Can you check whether you have NavigateUrl set? SaveStateCrossPages only works when the menu navigates to another page (It can be the same page with different parameters) due to NavigateUrl. It won't be triggered when the menu raises a server event because view state is supposed to take care of states on that situation.

If the problem persists, we would need to take a look of the problem. You can either post the page online or we can setup a web meeting to take a look.

Thanks