Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Could not load file or assembly error Options
Ben Switzer
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2008 10:50:43 AM
Groups: Member

IM attempting to put my application to a new server and for some reason I get. I verified the EO.Web.dll file is in the bin folder.

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'EO.Web' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="SSOLogin.aspx.vb" Inherits="SSOLogin" %>
Line 2:
Line 3: <%@ Register Assembly="EO.Web" Namespace="EO.Web" TagPrefix="eo" %>
Line 4:
Line 5: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xHTML1/DTD/xHTML1-transitional.dtd">

Source File: /neas/SSOLogin.aspx Line: 3

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'EO.Web' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2008 11:00:37 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Ben,

You are a veteran developer and I don't think we know more about assembly loading than you do. :) There is nothing special about our assembly as to loading. So it would be the same as troubleshooting any other assembly loading error. Check whether the file exists, verify the location of the bin directory (because IIS application settings could be different on your server), whether the file has the correct version, etc. And ultimately, putting the assembly into GAC almost always fix the problem if that's possible in your environment.

Thanks
Ben Switzer
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2008 11:13:58 AM
Groups: Member

Actually in all my years of .NET development I have been fortunate enough to not have to mess with GAC loading. I've done this so many times without problems and suddenly this. Ill try and check what I can see, for now it has me going crazy.