Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

EOWeb_2007_2_Setup.exe does not download Options
Codeaddict7423
Posted: Wednesday, May 7, 2008 9:14:10 AM
Groups: Member

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a new customer and I'm eager to use your controls for my project.

However, I have attempted to download the application file four times and just before finishing downloading, I ge an error message stating that the download did not complete.

I would appreciate any help you can provide to help me get the software installed and the controls available.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Regards,

Luis
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, May 7, 2008 9:18:21 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

That is mostly caused by your firewall. Basically your network administrator blocked you from downloading this file. Since we have no idea how he/she blocked it (could be by the size, the extension, or site, etc), there really isn't much we can do about it. Also, if he really meant to block it, it's not meant to be circumvented --- otherwise he/she would be doing a lousy job. So we would recommend you try to contact your network administrator and ask him/her to lift the restriction.

Thanks
Codeaddict7423
Posted: Wednesday, May 7, 2008 10:30:29 AM

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thanks for your quick reply. I spoke with our IT manager and indeed, he intents to block files ening in *.exe due to concerns over viral attacks. He suggested that if you could remane this file as ending in *.zip or *.xxx and make this file available for download, this might provide a quick work-around to this issue.

Please let me know your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks again,

Luis
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, May 7, 2008 11:23:08 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We have placed an zip file on our server. Please check your private messages for download location.

We've had similar situations in the past and it rarely worked simply by renaming/ziping the file. The reason is because today's firewalls are smart. Most firewall that blocks “executable” not only checks the extension, but also looks into the file header to determine whether it is an executable file. So renaming the file almost always got blocked as well. Zipping it up rarely works either because when the firewall sees a zip file, it checks the contents. We have tried multiple times with various users who had similar restrictions on their firewall and it rarely worked out. Most users end up downloading from another network (for example, from their home) and then copy it over.

Thanks
Codeaddict7423
Posted: Wednesday, May 7, 2008 12:30:23 PM

Dear Sir or Madam,

Indeed, the *.zip file was blocked as well. I'm leaving early to try to download the file from home.

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Regards,

Luis