Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Toolbar Autopostback buttons and dropdownlist Options
Ria
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2008 5:28:03 AM
Groups: Member

good afternoon,

I have a toolbar with buttons and a dropdownlist.
I made it autopostback
how can I achieve that when I click the dropdownlist the postback waits until I 've chosen an item in the dropdownlist.
eo_support
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2008 3:17:07 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I am not exactly sure you mean the toolbar is AutoPostBack or the DropDownList is AutoPostBack. For the former, the page posts back when you click a tool bar item; for the latter, the page posts back when you select a list item. If you want to perform anything else before the postback or even cancel the postback, you would be looking for onsubmit event, which is standard HTML/JavaScript stuff, you can find a lot of information about it online.

Thanks
Ria
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2008 10:48:10 PM

The toolbar is autopostback and it postsback before I can make a selection in the dropdownlist
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2008 8:46:45 AM

I see, you can do this:

Code: HTML/ASPX
<eo:ToolBarItem Type="Custom">
    <CustomItem>
        <div onclick="eo_CancelBubble(event)">
            <asp:DropDownList Runat="server" 
                    AutoPostBack="True" ID="DropDownList1">
                <asp:ListItem Value="- Select One -"></asp:ListItem>
                <asp:ListItem Value="Option 1"></asp:ListItem>
                <asp:ListItem Value="Option 2"></asp:ListItem>
                <asp:ListItem Value="Option 3"></asp:ListItem>
            </asp:DropDownList>
        </div>
    </CustomItem>
</eo:ToolBarItem>

Note the additional div element with onclick="eo_CancelBubble(event)", that will prevent the click event to be picked up by the toolbar.

Thanks
Ria
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 5:36:00 AM

it works, I can select an item, but after that I have to click on another button to proceed with the result of the selected item. the autopostback of the dropdownlist doesn't work.
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2008 7:54:18 AM

Hi,

We tried this ToolBar and it works fine:

Code: HTML/ASPX
<eo:ToolBar id="ToolBar1" runat="server" BackgroundImageRight="00100202" Width="400px" BackgroundImage="00100203"
    SeparatorImage="00100204" BackgroundImageLeft="00100201" AutoPostBack="True">
    <DownStyle CssText="BORDER-RIGHT: #335ea8 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; BORDER-TOP: #335ea8 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; FONT-SIZE: 12px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; BORDER-LEFT: #335ea8 1px solid; CURSOR: hand; PADDING-TOP: 3px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #335ea8 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffe1ac"></DownStyle>
    <HoverStyle CssText="BORDER-RIGHT: #335ea8 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3px; BORDER-TOP: #335ea8 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3px; FONT-SIZE: 12px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 2px; BORDER-LEFT: #335ea8 1px solid; CURSOR: hand; PADDING-TOP: 2px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #335ea8 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffe1ac"></HoverStyle>
    <NormalStyle CssText="PADDING-RIGHT: 4px; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; FONT-SIZE: 12px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 3px; CURSOR: hand; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 3px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: none"></NormalStyle>
    <ItemTemplates>
            <HoverStyle CssText="background-color:transparent;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-top-style:none;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-top:2px;"></HoverStyle>
            <DownStyle CssText="background-color:transparent;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-top-style:none;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-top:2px;"></DownStyle>
            <NormalStyle CssText="background-color:transparent;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-top-style:none;padding-bottom:1px;padding-left:2px;padding-right:2px;padding-top:2px;"></NormalStyle>
        <eo:ToolBarItem Type="DropDownMenu">
            <HoverStyle CssText="background-color:#ffe1ac;background-image:url('00100206');background-position-x:right;border-bottom-color:#335ea8;border-bottom-style:solid;border-bottom-width:1px;border-left-color:#335ea8;border-left-style:solid;border-left-width:1px;border-right-color:#335ea8;border-right-style:solid;border-right-width:1px;border-top-color:#335ea8;border-top-style:solid;border-top-width:1px;cursor:hand;padding-bottom:2px;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;padding-top:2px;"></HoverStyle>
            <DownStyle CssText="BORDER-RIGHT: #335ea8 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 2px; BORDER-TOP: #335ea8 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 4px; BACKGROUND-POSITION-X: right; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: url(00100206); PADDING-BOTTOM: 1px; BORDER-LEFT: #335ea8 1px solid; CURSOR: hand; PADDING-TOP: 3px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #335ea8 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffe1ac"></DownStyle>
            <NormalStyle CssText="background-image:url('00100205');background-position-x:right;border-bottom-style:none;border-left-style:none;border-right-style:none;border-top-style:none;cursor:hand;padding-bottom:3px;padding-left:4px;padding-right:4px;padding-top:3px;"></NormalStyle>
    </ItemTemplates>
    <Items>
            <CustomItem>
                <div onclick="eo_CancelBubble(event)">
                    <asp:DropDownList Runat="server" AutoPostBack="True" ID="DropDownList1">
                        <asp:ListItem Value="- Select One -"></asp:ListItem>
                        <asp:ListItem Value="Option 1"></asp:ListItem>
                        <asp:ListItem Value="Option 2"></asp:ListItem>
                        <asp:ListItem Value="Option 3"></asp:ListItem>
                    </asp:DropDownList>
                </div>
            </CustomItem>
        <eo:ToolBarItem Type="Separator"></eo:ToolBarItem>
        <eo:ToolBarItem ToolTip="New" ImageUrl="00101001" CommandName="New"></eo:ToolBarItem>
        <eo:ToolBarItem ToolTip="Open" ImageUrl="00101002" CommandName="Open"></eo:ToolBarItem>
        <eo:ToolBarItem ToolTip="Save" ImageUrl="00101003" CommandName="Save"></eo:ToolBarItem>
        <eo:ToolBarItem ToolTip="Save All" ImageUrl="00101004" CommandName="SaveAll"></eo:ToolBarItem>
    </Items>
</eo:ToolBar>

Can you try the same and see if it works?

Thanks
Ria
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 2:00:01 AM

I did it and it works fine! I typed something wrongBrick wall
thank you very much.