Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

AJAXUploader absolute positioning Options
Jason S
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2008 5:52:20 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I am having a problem in Firefox where, I have a few AJAXUploader controls on a very long page towards the bottom. The problem that I am having is that the page is about 4000px high. I can see that the actual <input type='file'...> is being "hidden" by putting absolute top positioning of -3000px to put it "off" the page. The problem is that this positioning is not enough to put it off my page.

My question is, is there a way to specify any kind of inline style on the actual <input type='file'...>.

The rendered tag looks like this:

<input type="file" style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: -3000px;" size="33"/>

I would prefer it look like:

<input type="file" style="position: absolute; left: -3000px; top: 0px;" size="33"/>

Thanks in advance,
Jason
eo_support
Posted: Saturday, May 17, 2008 6:41:39 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Jason,

Very interesting scenario. Unfortunately I do not see any workaround at this time. It makes perfect sense to use left instead of top. So we will change that in our next build.

Thanks
Jason S
Posted: Monday, May 19, 2008 12:27:02 PM

Thanks, look forward to it!

For anyone else running into the same problem, I used the following temporary workaround with CSS.

For me the file upload boxes were showing above a <div> I had on the page. I used the following three CSS declarations to fix:

z-index:10000;
position:relative;
background-color:#fff;

The key to z-index working is the position:relative declaration. Even if you are not changing the actual position of the element, you must declare the position:relative or if you are using absolute positioning already that should be okay too. Then simply add a background-color, image, etc... for the element to mask the file upload boxes.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:17:37 AM

Thanks for sharing the tip!

We have already fixed this issue internally. So the next build should be good.
Jason S
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 2:13:31 PM

Any idea on when the next build will be?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, June 20, 2008 2:26:34 PM

Hi,

We have sent you a private message with the download location. Please take a look and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!