Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

License Options
Craig
Posted: Sunday, May 25, 2008 11:17:38 PM
Groups: Member

Hi ... we have purchased a license but still get the warning... I have posted before and was redirected to another article...and we've tried everything to no avail... one thing... there is no 'host' attribute in our license file....

<allow>
<add type="TreeView" version="5.0" />
</allow>

.. and we're displaying the treeview inside an asp ajax update panel... is this stopping the treeview 'seeing' the file? ... I've tried the code snipped

if (File.Exists(Server.MapPath("~/Bin/eo_web.licx")))

and it does indeed see the file.

we have the call to EO.Web.Runtime.AddLicense in the application_start method also ..

UPDATE:
if I remove the context menu and its javascript logic from the page... the message dissapears.... do we need another license for the context menu ... I thought it was a feature of the treeview
eo_support
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 6:41:39 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

ContextMenu is part of the menu control, so it does require a separate license. The TreeView provides interface for you to add context menu support, but context menu itself is not part of the TreeView. Sorry about the confusion!

If you want to continue using the feature, you can either purchase a separate license for the menu control, or upgrade to the full suite. The later is slightly more expensive but gives you many controls instead of only one. If you do wish to upgrade, we can provide a coupon code for you so that you only need to pay the price difference. Please let us know.

Thanks
Craig
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 5:02:22 PM
Groups: Member

Could you send us the coupon code please as we will be purchasing the license for the Menu Control.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Monday, May 26, 2008 7:23:37 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We have sent you a private message with the coupon code. You can click "Inbox" on top of the forum to view the message.

Thanks