Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

A series problem about "ProgressBar" Control... ( Validation ) Options
zc
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:53:42 AM
Groups: Member

Hi staff , I concede your progressBar control is great but when I test it in a validation context , it forces the "button" control to cause vailidation! Once the page has some textbox controls which are being supervised by some "validation controls", then , the "startButton" , will not cause "server side runTask method" !... Because in such case it always cause the validation, even you set the button's "CauseValidation" as "false" or it does not relate other "validationGroup"... You know in most page routines the validation are common task and not expected to avoid. Thus makes your progressBar control very limited. I don't know if you have noticed it and hope you solve the problem or provide solution.

I give some codes to clarify the case:

Code: HTML/ASPX
<eo:ProgressBar runat="server" id="ProgressBar1" ShowPercentage="True" IndicatorImage="00060304"
	BackgroundImageRight="00060103" ControlSkinID="None" 
    BackgroundImage="00060101" IndicatorIncrement="7"
	BackgroundImageLeft="00060102" Width="300px" StartTaskButton="btnStart" StopTaskButton="btnStop"
	 onruntask="ProgressBar1_RunTask"></eo:ProgressBar>
<br>
<asp:LinkButton id="btnStart" runat="server" CausesValidation="false" >Start</asp:LinkButton>

<asp:LinkButton id="btnStop" runat="server">Stop</asp:LinkButton>
<div id="divStatus"></div>

<asp:TextBox runat="server" ID="txt" ValidationGroup="aa"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator runat="server" ID="rv" ControlToValidate="txt" ValidationGroup="aa" ></asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

I grab the code from your code samples and append a TextBox with a validatior against it. You can see that the TextBox and its validator have their own ValidationGroup ; the btnStart's CauseValidation is false; But when you click "btnStart" the server-side progress will not be triggered and the "client-field-required javascript" always takes effect to prevent everything..

It's awful!
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:06:55 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Since StartButton is a server control, it supposes to perform whatever validation logic associated with it. However I am not sure why it won't skip validation even when CauseValidation is false. So we will look into that.

The easiest workaround is to use a HTML button instead. To do that you would need to:

1. Clear StartButton property;
2. Place the following code into your page:

Code: HTML/ASPX
<a href="javascript void eo_GetObject('ProgressBar1').start();">Start</a>

That should start the progress bar straight without triggering anything else.

Thanks
nygiants
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:52:58 AM

Hello Adminstrator. I have the same issue with your progressbar. It doesn't work with validation, even you set the button's "CauseValidation" as "false" or it does not relate other "validationGroup. Can you please help?

Your suggestion of using the html button and putting the <a href="javascript void eo_GetObject('ProgressBar1').start();">Start</a> doesn't work either.

eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:25:59 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the information. We will add a CauseValidation property on the ProgressBar control so that you can control whether ProgressBar cause validation or not.

Thanks!
nygiants
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:44:34 AM

Sweet! When can we expect it? Thank you, Administrator!
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, February 24, 2011 10:47:27 AM

Hi,

We have posted a new build that added this. Please see your private message for the download location.

Thanks!