Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Populating data into a Calendar.Scheduler control Options
GLLDev
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 1:51:54 AM
Groups: Member

Hi i have recently downloaded your toolkit which i am happy to say i will be buying.

One thing however is that I am having some difficulty understanding how to populate the scheduler.

I have checked the online documentation but I cannot immediately see any obvious ways to add any values in.

Im sure alot of people using this control have already trodden this path so is there a example set of code available? or if not could you point me in the right direction as to what method/attribute I need to set to populate this.

I also saw a databind method so i assume you can use a dataset against it, but are there are rules/procedures that I need to abide by when passing over to the data to the scheduler?

eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:34:51 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I am assuming you mean something like this:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Demo/Default.aspx?path=Calendar\_i1\scheduler

This is implemented by handling the Calendar's DayRender method. Basically it calls DayRender on every day cell and asks you to render whatever you would like. It does not have anything to do with DataBind method. You can load the sample with Visual Studio and see the source code to play with it and find out how it works.

Thanks
GLLDev
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 3:02:43 AM

Hi there,

Many thanks for providing help on this, I did see the DayRenderer eventhandler but wasn't sure how to implement it.

I looked at the link you provided and although it has a link which says 'demo source code' at the top, it is in fact just a link to downloading the software components which i already have rather than a demo of the source code to use as an example/sample.

Is there a better link/source that you could provide for this, or have I missed something obvious on that page?

Currently I can load up a new project in Visual Studio 2005 and then drag and drop a calendar object onto the screen, add its dayrender event handler and then change the object type into a scheduler, but cannot see any sample code/'demo scheduler' item to add.

Its just really so i can get a taste of the format so that i can crack on with this. I am happy to post back my code as an example if it would useful for others.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:21:42 AM
Groups: Administration

GLLDev wrote:
it is in fact just a link to downloading the software components which i already have rather than a demo of the source code to use as an example/sample.

Do you see "The download package includes all the controls, documentation and complete source code for all the samples" on the download page?

You would install the package and then go to Start -> All Programs -> EO.Web Controls 2007.2 -> EO.Web Controls for ASP.NET 1.1/2.0+ -> Live Demo Source Code.
GLLDev
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:56:48 AM

I must admit I didn't see that note after the download from mirror x links. I have now started to look into the demo source code so thank you for the time to help me get to there.