Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Frame Support Options
Kris
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:24:55 AM
Groups: Member

I'm working with your demo version of the menu control. My application is a frames based application with one frame across the top of the screen and two frames side by side below. The top frame is designed to hold a menu bar, the left frame to hold a tree view and the right frame for the main page being viewed.

I would like to use your drop down menu control in the top frame to navigate the other two frames. The issue I'm finding is that I need the drop down portion to be able to open over the top of the frames rather than being bound to the frame. Because of the layout, there are actually going to be two menu bars in the top frame (one for drop down menus and the other as a toolbar with icons). This eliminates the option for just setting the drop down to open in another frame. Besides, with the split frames below I don't always know which frame will be directly below the menu.

Please let me know if your product can handle this feature request.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:37:58 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Our menu can automatically renders a sub menu into the target frame, but the sub menu itself can only be associated to one frame. In order to have a sub menu to span across multiple frames, you will need to have a single parent frame that hosts both child frames and then target the sub menu into the single parent frame. This is usually done by using iframe. It will be something like this:

index.aspx:

Code: HTML/ASPX
<frameset>
    <frame src="top.aspx" />
    <frame src="bottom_frame.html" />
</frameset>

bottom_frame.html:

<body>
    <iframe src="bottom.aspx" />
</body>

bottom.aspx:

<frameset>
    <frame src="left.aspx" />
    <frame src="right.aspx" />
</frameset>

This way the sub menu is targeted to "bottom_frame", instead of either "left" or "right". Since "bottom_frame" holds both "left" and "right", a sub menu associated to the bottom frame should be able to span across both "left" and "right" frames.

Thanks