Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Grid Command Event Args Options
ROI.Solutions
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:06:01 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I am in need of help. I cant seem to find out how to for an Event. I have a sub procedure that when an item is selected in the grid it prefills the form and works wonders. Great work by the way. But what i would like to do is on a page load i have some criteria called "Calendar_Index which is the item index of the grid whihc i pass in as a query string. I want to fore the gridCommandEvents args but dont know how. here is some sample code

Code: Visual Basic.NET
Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load
        affiliateID = Request.QueryString("AID")
        If Not IsPostBack Then
            If Request.QueryString("Cal").ToString().Length > 0 Then
                'Called the Grid Event Sub Procedure Here to load a form
            Else
                loadDefaultForm()
            End If
            loadDefaultForm()
        End If
    End Sub

SUB PROCEDURE for EVEnt Handling
Code: Visual Basic.NET
Private Sub calendarGrid_itemSelected(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EO.Web.GridCommandEventArgs) Handles calendarGrid.ItemCommand
        loadSpecificEOForm(e)
    End Sub
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:30:30 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Loren,

Do you mean you want to store the Calendar_Index value that you get from the QueryString into the GridCommandEventArgs object so that you can call calendarGrid_itemSelected in your Page_Load?

If that's the case, then you are out of luck there. Only our code can create/modify GridCommandEventArgs object, you can't. :) The easiest work around is to change your loadSpecificEOForm to take the value directly. Once you change it, your calendarGrid_itemSelected handler will be like:

loadSpecificEOForm(e.GridItem.Index)

And in your Page_Load will get the value from your query string and also call the method directly, instead of calling calendarGrid_itemSelected. As you can see, the idea is to go straight to the target and cut out of the middle man (calendarGrid_itemSelected).

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
ROI.Solutions
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:45:20 AM
Groups: Member

thats is what i eventually did. however i did get part of it to work by calling y sub procedure like this

Calendargrid_itemSelected(new object(), new Eo.Web.gridCommandEventArgs(item, "CommandName") and it loaded the varibale holders just fine but for some reason would loop through Drop down etc so i moved to the other way that you sugested but it seems it can work just time i dont have right now on this project thank you for your time