Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

CallbackPanel failed due to server side exception Options
pwellar
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:53:29 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I am receiving this error but have no idea on how to figure out what the error might be. When I run in my dev environment this problem does not appear but as soon as I run it on the Production environment this problem appears all the time. I have a radio button that triggers a CallbackPanel, this callbackpanel is in a group with 2 other callbackpanels. It sometimes works on my production server but after i toggle it back/forth a few times it always fails. I don't know if this helps but sometimes it doesn't even give me a message it just doesn't update the changes.

Just for your reference, all the callbackpanels are doing is hiding/showing fields or changing label values.

Thanks,
Paul
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:58:52 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Paul,

You will want to visit the page in IE and then click OK button. That will show you the detailed error message and the message should tell you what's wrong. Other browsers won't show you the error message.

Thanks
pwellar
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:28:04 PM

Here is the exact message I am getting:

EO.Web.Controls Client Side Debug Message:

EO.Web control 'CallbackPanel2' error message (set ClientSideOnError to handle this error); The callback on 'CallBackPanel2' has failed due to a server side exception. Please check the server side code.

You can turn off this message by setting EO.Web.Runtime.DebugLevel to 0 (Not recommended for debug build)

When I press Ok the box just dissapears, running IE 7.0

Thanks,
Paul
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 3:33:26 PM

Hi,

That would be something else. Do you have the page online so that we can take a look?

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 4:14:07 PM

Hi,

We tried for quite a while with both IE 6 and IE 7 and hasn't been able to see the message. Is there any other trick to make it happen?

Thanks
pwellar
Posted: Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:59:35 PM

That is strange, I can't reproduce the problem either. I have tried off and on all day. I'm wondering if something is getting trampled in my build. Thanks for your help, if the problem reappears I will let you know.

Regards