Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Slow Grid Problem Version 2008.x Options
Steve Peters
Posted: Thursday, July 3, 2008 9:43:48 AM
Groups: Member

I downloaded the newest version of the web tools and was hoping the Grid refresh would be a lot faster. Well, it was not. Do you have anymore suggestions on how to speed this up. I can send you a URL so you can see for yourselves.

I have set the height and width to values and have trimmed the database down to the smallest number of field widths. It still takes 8-10 seconds to refresh when selecting data. A standard Gridview takes less than 1 second with the same data.

Help, we are going into production in the next few weeks and I need to speed this up. Thanks in advance.

Steve
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 3, 2008 9:57:24 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Steve,

It would be unrealistic to expect our Grid to have the same load time as standard ASP.NET GridView because we rely heavily on JavaScript (thus all the features). But nevertheless we will look into it and see what we can do. If you can send us the Url it would definitely help. You can send it to us through private messages if you do not want to post it publicly.

Having that said, please do not hold your expectation high on this one. The Grid is a rather heavy control and we've been working on it for some time. We can try to tweak it and might be able to make it slightly faster, but I do not expect any breakthrough to be made in the near future.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 3, 2008 11:29:42 AM
Groups: Administration

You would click the "PM ME!" button under any of our post.

Thanks!