Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Context Menu Position on Treeview Options
Rory
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 5:13:45 PM
Groups: Member

Hi,

I have a context menu connected to a treeview. The context menu has three items, and the treeview has a tootip on the third node level.

My problem is the tooltip is hiding the treeview on the right click of the third level treeview item. I have tried to change position of the contect menu by setting the ExpandDirection to TopRight, but the conetxt menu always appears bottom right.

Have I misunderstood the use of the ExpandDirection option, and if so can you suggest a method I could use the get the context menu top right of the selected item.

The code is below.

Many Thanks

Rory

<eo:ContextMenu ID="cmenu_tvVehicles" Width="144px" runat="server" ControlSkinID="None"
>
<TopGroup Style-CssText="cursor:hand;font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;">
<Items>
<eo:MenuItem Text-Html="Create Geofence on this Location" SelectedStyle-CssText="color: #0066FF"
OnClickScript="cMenu_CreateGeoFence();">
</eo:MenuItem>
<eo:MenuItem Text-Html="Send Poll request to " SelectedStyle-CssText="color: #0066FF"
OnClickScript="cMenu_PollVehicle();">
<eo:MenuItem Text-Html="Display Quick History for " SelectedStyle-CssText="color: #0066FF"
OnClickScript="cmenu_QuickHistory();">
</Items>
</TopGroup>
<LookItems>
<eo:MenuItem ItemID="_TopLevelItem"
NormalStyle-CssText="padding-left:5px;padding-right:5px;"
HoverStyle-CssText="color:#F7B00A;padding-left:5px;padding-right:5px;">
<SubMenu CollapseEffect-Type="GlideTopToBottom" ExpandDirection="TopRight"
ExpandEffect-Type="RevealBottomRightToTopLeft" ItemSpacing="5" OffsetX="3"
OffsetY="-4" ShadowDepth="0"
Style-CssText="border-right: #e0e0e0 1px solid; padding-right: 3px; border-top: #e0e0e0 1px solid; padding-left: 3px; font-size: 12px; padding-bottom: 3px; border-left: #e0e0e0 1px solid; cursor: hand; color: #606060; padding-top: 3px; border-bottom: #e0e0e0 1px solid; font-family: arial; background-color: #f7f8f9">
</SubMenu>
<eo:MenuItem IsSeparator="True" ItemID="_Separator"
NormalStyle-CssText="background-color:#E0E0E0;height:1px;width:1px;">
<eo:MenuItem HoverStyle-CssText="color:#F7B00A;padding-left:5px;padding-right:5px;"
ItemID="_Default" NormalStyle-CssText="padding-left:5px;padding-right:5px;">
<SubMenu ExpandEffect-Type="RevealBottomRightToTopLeft" Style-CssText="border-right: #e0e0e0 1px solid; padding-right: 3px; border-top: #e0e0e0 1px solid; padding-left: 3px; font-size: 12px; padding-bottom: 3px; border-left: #e0e0e0 1px solid; cursor: hand; color: #606060; padding-top: 3px; border-bottom: #e0e0e0 1px solid; font-family: arial; background-color: #f7f8f9"
CollapseEffect-Type="GlideTopToBottom" OffsetX="3" ShadowDepth="0" OffsetY="-4"
ItemSpacing="5" ExpandDirection="TopRight">
</SubMenu>
</LookItems>
</eo:ContextMenu>
eo_support
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 5:58:21 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We looked into it and it doesn't appear that context menu recongizes ExpandDirection. The reason is because ExpandDirection must have a reference element because everything is based on aligning to an edge to the element. Since context menu does not have a reference element, so it always expands downwards.

Thanks