Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

callback triggers don't work when form called by Server.Transfer Options
Kris Brietkopf
Posted: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 9:37:55 PM
Groups: Member

I have a callback panel which has triggers connected to several controls on a form. If I navigate to this form using Server.Transfer the triggers don't fire. However if I navigate to the same form using an A HRef link or a menu navigation function the triggers do fire. I found a post which indicated that Response.redirect could not be used. Does Server.Transfer have the same problem? If so, what's the recommended work around? I need to be able to call this form from server side code rather than the menu control or some other client control.

Thanks!
Kris Brietkopf
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:41:04 AM
Groups: Member

It turns out that Response.Redirect is the answer in this case. It seems that this approach enables the triggers while Server.Transfer does not.

Thanks anyway.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:51:12 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi Kris,

Thank you very much for the update. We were trying to look deeper into the problem and give you a detail account about Server.Transfer and Response.Redirect and we were still waiting for our developer for that. That's why we have not been able to response earlier.

It's very glad to hear that the problem has been solved. Please feel free to let us know if you run into any other problems.

Thanks!