Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Grid Licensing Problem Options
Biju
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:37:10 AM
Groups: Member

Hi,

Currently I am using the EO.Web version 5.0.51.2 and I will be able to use almost all the controls. But while using the Grid control, the application is displaying a warning message regarding the license. Is there be any seperate license needed for this Grid?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:50:06 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You have EO.Web Controls 2007.1, which does not cover the following controls:

New Controls in 2007.2: Grid, MaskedEdit, Splitter
New Controls in 2008: Editor, ColorPicker, SpellChecker

We can upgrade you to 2008 at a discount price. Please let me know if that's the case.

Thanks
Biju
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:13:12 AM

Thanks for your quick response.

Currently I am using the older version of EO.Web controls and my project is in releasing stage. Now I need to implement the Grid also in my application. Whether the upgrading will affect any of the script /functionalities performed by the older version. Whether I need to change any scripts/ server side code which is running perfectly with the older version. Please let me know the discounted pricing in the earliest.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:20:36 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We can upgrade you to the latest version for $160. The upgrade would cover the six new controls stated above. As for the project, there are two options here:

1. Continue to use 5.0.51.2. Once you place the upgrade order, we will provide keys for that version for you. So if you feel safer to use the version that you currently use, you can do so. It also means that you do not need to change anything about your project;

2. Upgrade to 2008 (6.0.18.2). This version does contain three new controls that 5.0.51.2 does not have. So if you also wish to use these three controls (Editor, ColorPicker, SpellChecker), you will need to switch your project to 2008. All controls are backwards compatible with your version. So you shouldn't need to change your existing code; However you do need to change your project reference; To the least extend you will need to rebuild your project;

Please let us know if you do wish to upgrade. In that case we will give you a discount coupon code to place the upgrade order.

Thanks!
Biju
Posted: Thursday, July 17, 2008 11:22:59 PM

Thanks for your support
I wish to upgrade the components. Please send me the discount coupon code to place the upgrade order.