Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

tabstrip "blinks" in asp updatepanel Options
DeanBlakely
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2008 5:52:00 PM
Groups: Member

I commonly put many widgets in an update panel for a smooth looking operation. However, I have a page with a tabstrip (with multipage and pageviews and another tabstrip in one of the page views with a multipage) that "blinks" when trips to the server occur within the page. Noting else blinks just the tabstrip - as a matter of fact just the top tabstrip. what might be causing this?

By "blink" I mean that it becomes non visible for a tenth (or so) of a second while making the whole page jitter up and then it becomes visible and the page jitters down destroying the smooth appearance. Hope this makes sense. I have pasted the top tabstrip below in case that might be of any use.

BTW, I have other pages using tabstrips where this does not happen (no blink)
Thanks,
Gary
<eo:TabStrip ID="TabStrip1" runat="server" Width="800px" ControlSkinID="None" MultiRow="True" RowSpacing="-3" MultiPageID="MultiPage1" OnItemClick="TabStrip1_ItemClick" RaisesServerEvent="True">
<LookItems>
<eo:TabItem Height="21" HoverStyle-CssText="position: relative; top: 2px; background-image: url(00010502); background-repeat: repeat-x"
ItemID="_Default" LeftIcon-HoverUrl="00010506" LeftIcon-SelectedUrl="00010508"
LeftIcon-Url="00010504" NormalStyle-CssText="position: relative; top: 2px; background-image: url(00010501); background-repeat: repeat-x"
RightIcon-HoverUrl="00010507" RightIcon-SelectedUrl="00010509" RightIcon-Url="00010505"
SelectedStyle-CssText="background-image: url(00010503); background-repeat: repeat-x"
Text-Padding-Bottom="2" Text-Padding-Top="1">
<SubGroup ItemSpacing="1" Style-CssText="background-image:url(00010510);background-position-y:bottom;background-repeat:repeat-x;color:black;cursor:hand;font-family:'Microsoft Sans Serif',Verdana;font-size:8.25pt;">
</SubGroup>
</eo:TabItem>
</LookItems>
<TopGroup>
<Items>
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="MyVTHome" Width="159">
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="4506 Records" Width="159">
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="SSN Verification" Width="159">
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="BK Verification" Width="159">
<eo:TabItem Text-Html="Fraud Report" Width="159">
</Items>
</TopGroup>
</eo:TabStrip>
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2008 9:07:13 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Try to set your TabStrip's MultiRow to False. You will get that when MultiRow is True because in multi-row mode the TabStrip needs to wait until all images are loaded before it can decide how to wrap tabs into multiple rows. Before the layout are settled, you get blank.

In your case, your TabStrip is width enough to holds all tab items. So there is no need for you to enable MultiRow.

Thanks

DeanBlakely
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2008 9:06:57 AM

oh yes. That was it. works great now.
Thanks for you support.
Gary
Global Reach Web2
Posted: Sunday, February 1, 2009 10:14:30 PM

Hi,

I get exactly the same problem - did you ever get a reply or solution to this?

You can reach me directly at ray_camrass@yahoo.com (for a more direct discussion).

Thanks

Ray