Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Grid inside callbackpanel - paging issue Options
Mike Bourne
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2008 4:28:06 PM
Groups: Member

I have a callback panel that contains a gridview control. I have paging turned on for the gridview control. In the triggers definitions forthe callback panel I have the grid name declared.

I want to use the built-in fucntionality of the paging mentods for the grid. NO Special coding is being done.

If I click on the next page, I get the following error message... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Bourne

---------------------------
Windows Internet Explorer

EO.Web Controls Client Side Debug Message:

EO.Web control 'ctl00_MAIN_cbCompanies' error message (set ClientSideOnError to handle this error):The callback on 'ctl00_MAIN_cbCompanies' has failed due to a server side exception. Click OK to see the exception message.

You can turn off this message by setting EO.Web.Runtime.DebugLevel to 0 (Not recommended for debug build).

OK
---------------------------

Additonal data: (gvCompanyData is the name of the gridview control I am clicking on when the error occurs)

The GridView 'gvCompanyData' fired event PageIndexChanging which wasn't handled.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The GridView 'gvCompanyData' fired event PageIndexChanging which wasn't handled.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The GridView 'gvCompanyData' fired event PageIndexChanging which wasn't handled.]
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.OnPageIndexChanging(GridViewPageEventArgs e) +1495955
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandlePage(Int32 newPage) +83
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.HandleEvent(EventArgs e, Boolean causesValidation, String validationGroup) +467
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +199
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +177
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746

eo_support
Posted: Monday, August 11, 2008 5:23:25 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

This may not be related to the CallbackPanel at all. So I would suggest you try without CallbackPanel first to see if the same error occurs.

If the problem only occurs with CallbackPanel, we would need you to create a test page that reproduces the error. Once we have that we will look into it as soon as possible, it should not be difficult for us to debug it against our source code to find out why. Please make sure the page runs independently.

Thanks