Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Callback dynamic trigger disappears Options
PThompson
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:22:45 AM
Groups: Member

Hi

I have a form that loads controls dynamically.

When applying a control I add a trigger to a surrounding callbackpanel for the control being applied.

This pattern works OK.

However if the form is loaded with a dynamic control and trigger then left for a while, (i.e the user leaves there PC for 20 minutes or so). The trigger seems to disappers.

I then get the execption "Trigger control <ctrl1> for callback <callbackpanel1> does not exist

This does not occur with persistent user use.

Is there any issues with the dynamic triggers on callbacks that explains this problem, that only occurs after a delay of user use?

Thanks in advance.

eo_support
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:29:15 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

That's normal. It occurs when user's session timesout and when the CallbackPanel tries to call back to the server, the server does not reload the requested page but redirect user to some other page (usually the login page). In this case the CallbackPanel will stop function because the server did not serve the page it needed.

Since our server side code is not called at all, there doesn't seem to be anything we can do on the control side. You should be able to customize the error message by handling ClientSideOnError to either prompt user in a more friendly manner or automatically refresh the page, though.

Thanks
PThompson
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 7:52:46 AM

OK the next question my seem a bit dumb, but which event can I catch the error in. At the moment it's being picked up in the application error handling in our global.asx. I've put exception handling arround the forms OnInit, PageLoad and OnPreRender.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:05:53 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Sorry that our previous reply is not accurate. After a second review of your question, it appears the issue is not related to login redirection, but was caused the fact that your trigger control no longer exist. That is a coding error and should be fix by code.

Since you are dynamically load all controls, you will need to find out why "Trigger control <ctrl1>" was there but no longer exists after user sitting there for 20 minutes --- this usually has to do with session time out but you still need to debug into your code to find out. The issue doesn't appear to have anything to do with our controls.

Thanks

PThompson
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 9:18:42 AM

OK I got it. Is there a way of ignoring or cancelling the error raised client side