Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Help with grid Options
mitchweiss
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:12:52 AM
Groups: Member

I am trying to use the grid control for the frist time. I have everything working fine exceot when I go into the edit mode, I don't get a textbox. I am using the "textboxColumn" type but when I click the "edit" command, nothing happens.

eo_support
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:38:52 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You seem to be doing everything correctly. Can you isolate the problem into a test page so that we can take a look? Make sure the page runs because we will need to see the problem happening.

Thanks
mitchweiss
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 10:46:08 AM

I got it to work. The problem was that the first column didn't work. When I added a RowNumberColumn as the first colum, everything else works as its is supposed to. Is in not possible to edit the first column???
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 1:05:44 PM

Hi,

Check your FixedColumnCount property. I believe fixed column can not enter edit mode.

Thanks
mitchweiss
Posted: Thursday, August 21, 2008 8:31:07 PM

The FixedColumnCount property setting fixed the problem. Another question...

I am used to using the asp.net controls which automatically update the database without having to write additional code.

I'm using SqlDataSource and it generates the update, delete and insert statements. Can I call them from grid somehow or if not, can you direct me to a VB example of how to do the batch update generated by the grid control.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 1:35:13 AM

Hi,

Unfortunately no. Our Grid does not automatically update the datasource. The Grid only provides you properties about what has been added/changed/removed. For example, you can use ChangedItems to get a list of changed items:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=EO.Web.Grid.ChangedItems.html

You would just look through that properties and create an update statement based on each of them to update your database.

Thanks