Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

ContextMenu Positioning in Firefox Options
brado426
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 10:14:01 PM
Groups: Member

I'm having a problem with the ContextMenu.

I'm calling the ContextMenu via a standard link in a standard ASP DataGrid using the eo_ShowContextMenu JavaScript function.

In Internet Explorer 7, if you click on a link, the ContextMenu appears just to the right of it like it should.

In Firefox, the first few rows behave properly, but the ContextMenu will not reposition any lower than about 7 rows down. If you try to click on a link at the very bottom of the DataGrid, for example, the ContextMenu just pops up about 7 rows down from the top of the DataGrid.

I'm surprised I didn't notice this before. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brad O.
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2008 10:27:44 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We are not aware of any issues like this. The only thing I can think of is that the context menu's position is "automatically" adjusted because somehow it thinks the lower portion of the menu will go out of the browser window. This may occur when the page is considered too "short". As a test, you can place your page contents inside a div and give that div an explicit hight value and see if it helps.

If that's not the problem, please create a test page that demonstrates the problem and we will be happy to take a look. Please make sure the test page runs independently.

Thanks
brado426
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2008 6:35:54 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks for the tips.

By the process of elimination, I finally found the source of my problem.

In my Master Page, this line was casuing the problem:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

I'm not sure when or why I ever added that or exactly why it caused the problem... I'm just glad it is fixed. :)

Brad
eo_support
Posted: Monday, September 1, 2008 7:41:02 AM
Groups: Administration

Thanks for the update!