Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

FireFox 3 and ViewPanel Options
THoMaSiN
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 6:31:08 PM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I'm having problems using FireFox 3 and the ViewPanel object. If I have this code (perfectly working on FireFox 2.* and IE6 at least), the iframe inside the ViewPanel doesn't inherit 100% !! this is very critical as every other day we have more users upgrading their firefox !! (this doesn't work as expected either in the Chrome browser by google :) )

Code: HTML/ASPX
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <div>
        <iframe width="100%" src="http://www.essentialobjects.com"></iframe>
    </div>
    <div style="width:100%;">
        <eo:PageView ID="PageView1" runat="server" Width="100%">
            <iframe width="100%" src="http://www.essentialobjects.com"></iframe>
        </eo:PageView>
    </div>
    </form>
</body>

Please, advice !!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:31:53 PM
Groups: Administration

Humm...Why do you use PageView that way? PageView should only be used inside MultiPage.
THoMaSiN
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 10:36:49 PM

of course, this is just an example which gets the same effect though ... any hints?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2008 11:56:15 AM

Hi,

We placed the PageView inside an MultiPage with both the MultiPage and PageView's width set to 100% and it works fine on both FireFox 3 and Chrome.

Thanks
THoMaSiN
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:37:32 PM

This code still doesn't make the PageView 100% on Firefox 3. Could you please, correct it if there is anything wrong? (there are borders so you can see the width of every element).

<div style="border: 1px solid black; width: 100%; height:200px;">
      Some Div width : 100%;
</div>

<eo:MultiPage ID="MultiPage1" runat="server" Width="100%" BorderColor="Lime" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="1px">
   <eo:PageView ID="PageView1" runat="server" BorderColor="#FF8000" BorderStyle="Solid" BorderWidth="2px" Width="100%">
          same div, but inside the PageView
      </div>
</eo:MultiPage>

Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:51:29 PM

Hi,

It worked perfectly fine for us. FireFox however will not display BorderColor (#FF8000) on the PageView element. So we verified it by adding background color to the inner DIV.

Please check these two things:

1. Whether you have the latest version. Our tests are done with the latest version;
2. Whether you have any other css style/files in your page. If you do, test temporarily remove them to see if those styles interfere with the controls;

If you have the latest version and you have no other style/files in your page, please post the page online so that we can take a look. We won't really be able to go any further until we can see the problem.

Thanks!
THoMaSiN
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 2:56:00 PM

hello again,

I've been able to post the page online for the public, just for the purpose of this test. I still can see the problem on FireFox 3 while IE works fine. firefox 2 also works fine ... :( I don't really know what else to do, there is no extra css and the code is as you suggested changed to show the background, not the border, but still doesn't extend 100%.

http://vm-xwebtstiis1/esg-tools-test/test/PostTest2.aspx

I would really appreciate if you could look at this example.

Thank you.

eo_support
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 3:07:16 PM

Hi,

There is nothing we can look at when you give us an internal address. :) vm-xwebtstiis1 is your internal server that nobody outside of your network would be able to access. If you already have an order with us, please let us know your order number and we can set up an online meeting for you so that we can take a look on your machine.

Thanks!
THoMaSiN
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 4:45:41 PM

ok, you are right, how about this? http://cdmaudev.qualcomm.com/esg-test/test/PostTest2.aspx

Also, Could you explain a little bit more about what an "order" is? Thanks.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, September 22, 2008 6:03:18 PM

Hi,

I see what you meant. This new Url works and we did see the problem you were talking about. We will look into it and see what we can find.

An "order" is a purchase. You must purchase a license in order to continue using the product and receive support. So if you have already purchased a license, please let us know your license ID (you can use notepad to open your license file to see the license ID). Otherwise we will not be able to continue provide support for you after this issue since the trial period is only 30 days.

Thanks!
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 7:31:16 PM

Hi,

We have looked into page. The issue doesn't seem to be related to MultiPage or PageView. It appears to to be caused by you having "display:inline-block" on the PageView control. Removing that attribute should resolve the issue.

Thanks
THoMaSiN
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 5:05:10 PM

This is the tag code:

<eo:MultiPage ID="MultiPage1" runat="server" Width="100%" BackColor="Lime" >
            <eo:PageView ID="PageView1" runat="server" BackColor="#FF8000" Width="100%">
                    same div, but inside the PageView
                </div>
        </eo:MultiPage>

Anything extra is being added by the component Itself. I saw that inline-block display property before, but I cannot do anything to prevent it appearing, since it seems to be added by the control itself.

Any ideas?
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:01:59 PM

That pointed us to the right direction. The code is not added by us, but by .NET. It appears to be only occurring on .NET 2.0 with SP2, which is why it did not occur on the machine that we were using to reproduce this problem. Nevertheless, we should be able change our code to workaround this problem. Please expect a new build soon.

Thanks!
THoMaSiN
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 7:19:29 PM

thanks !! Also, please, could you also add the test case scenario where multiple pageview are controlled by a tab strip?, since the tab strip might be dynamically modifying the display property ... I think this is a very common use of your controls ... :) thanks again ...
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 8:02:05 PM

Sure thing.
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 4:11:18 PM

This issue has been fixed in build 2008.0.36.