Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Seeking debugging advice Ref: File Explorer all by C# Options
DH
Posted: Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9:11:59 PM
Groups: Member

Your Net20\Samples\CS\Demos\File Explorer\Features\All Features demo works correctly on my development machine in the VS2008 internal server.

I have created an All Features by Code folder in the same project. The FileExplorer1 and Textbox1 are created in the page class (using three classes implementing ITemplate for the Toolbar1 custom item, Ajax Uploader Layout and File Explorer Layout Template). I was careful to set the controls ID correctly. The generated uploader_div dom id is FileExplorer1_uploader_div since I used an HtmlGenericControl for it. I had to change the document.getElementById parameters to the generated dom id in the .aspx <Script>. When I made corresponding changes to your demo, it continued to work. For the C# version, the progress bar and uploader do work. Files are uploaded to the temporary folder, but never copied to the destination folder and never displayed in the file grid. Everything else works.

I am asking for advice on how to go about debugging this problem.

Thanks
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2008 2:07:12 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

I would recommend you check whether the controls are created again when the page is posted back; and whether they are created in a very early stage (either in Page_Init or the Page's CreateChildControls). The following post explained this in detail. It is about CallbackPanel, but the general principle about dynamically creating controls by code should still apply:

http://essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1179#5018

Hope this helps.

Thanks