Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Can't get rid of border or padding, not sure which Options
Max
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 4:11:06 PM
Groups: Member

If you click on this page here -- http://www.cccd.edu/eo.aspx

If you roll over the menu item that says "About Us", you'll see a second-level item that says "About the District". When you hover over "About the District" another submenu pops out that says "Our Colleges". Now, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get rid of the white border that surrounds the lowest level menu items. Can you please tell me where to find this? Thank you!!!
eo_support
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 4:51:50 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

With our menu, you can set style on the "MenuGroup" or "MenuItem". That is mostly due to style settings on the "MenuGroup" object. The easiest way for you to find out is to:

1. Make a copy of the menu;
2. Delete all other menu items except for the one that you use to verify the problem. This helps you to reduce the size of .aspx content you need to look at;
3. Switch to .aspx view and see if you search for "Style-CssText" or "Style-CssClass". If you find any, check whether the are child element of MenuGroup or TopGroup element. If so, delete it and see if that makes a difference;

Hope this helps.

Thanks!
Max
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 5:05:10 PM
Groups: Member

I will try that, but can you tell by looking at it, if it's a padding issue, background or border issue? Right now I have a style set for TopGroup and a Default group set. From my understanding, the default group is for all of the items aside from the top level so therefore, my second and third level items should be the same. In my case, they are exactly the same except the third level has the extra border around it that I can't get rid of. Thanks for your help!
eo_support
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2008 5:14:19 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We won't really be able to tell you exactly what it is just by looking at the screen. The best way is to by trial and error --- we would do the same if we were you. Just try it out and it should be quite easy for you to find out which is which.

Thanks