Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Deployment Problem in FileUpload Control Options
sr
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:22:35 AM
Groups: Member

I created an .msi, added the EOWeb.dll in the installation module & bin folder & added this code to the Global.asax file in the Application_Start event handler. :

[REMOVED BY ADMIN]

When the .msi is installed on the server I first could not open the aspx page. It gives an error that the eo_web.ashx file should be placed in the root folder. When I manually copied it from the local machine to the server & placed it in the root directory I can open the .aspx page containing the FileUpload control but I can't upload any files, it generates a ClientError Handler. Can you tell me what I am missing. I do not want to install the EOWeb setup on the server.

My application is in production & an early response to this will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Cambridge Investment Research
eo_support
Posted: Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:40:56 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You certainly do not need to run our installation on the production server. The most likely reasons that you can cause the page to fail has to do with permission to eo_web.ashx:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1366

If this is not the problem, please provide the Url of the production server and we will take a look.

NOTE: Do not post your license key in the forum. Per our license agreement, you are required to take reasonable precautions to prevent the license file being reused by third parties. The direct result of you posting your license key publicaly is that it will be picked up and reused by somebody else. When that happens, we revoke your license key.

Thanks