Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

AJAX Uploader - error when uploading big file (7 MB) Options
Name
Posted: Thursday, October 2, 2008 8:26:42 AM
Groups: Member

I'm trying to upload a big file (7 MB), progress bar grows to 100%, and after that I get such error :

Url:
/eo_web.ashx?id=4EF2A06E-5171-4166-82A6-242BD1985E8A&uploader_data=ByF1cGxvYWQCMzJBSkFYVXBsb2FkZXIxOkJBdUs2QkNTL0puZENHd0lsdDhKbGhkb3FOUlR5N09uK0pBPScmczpmZTc0OGY4My1iNmEyLTRkOWUtOTljYy1kZGNlYTNkNDNmYTQ=
Browser: Firefox
Method: POST
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.2; ru; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11

Object reference not set to an instance of an object. -- xt34zyv- -- at EO.Web.Internal.dw.a(c4 A_0, HttpResponse A_1,
Object A_2)
at EO.Web.Internal.ai.a(c4 A_0)
at EO.Web.Internal.ai.a(HttpApplication A_0)
at EO.Web.Internal.gv.a(Object A_0, Boolean A_1)
at EO.Web.Internal.ep.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

I look into TempFileLocation folder and see there my file (with some temporary name assigned by the uploader) with right length, when I check its content it is OK.

When I upload smaller files all is going OK. Also all is going OK when I upload the same big file on my local server (small upload time).

How can I solve the problem with big files uploading ?
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, October 2, 2008 8:41:15 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Did you have our module added into your web.config file? Detailed instruction here:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=AJAXUploader%2fprepare.html

Also what version are you running?

Thanks
Name
Posted: Thursday, October 2, 2008 8:57:07 AM
Groups: Member

Yes, it is added to web.config (on both local and remote hosts).

Version language : English (United States)
CompanyName : Essential Objects, Inc.
FileDescription : EO.Web for ASP.NET 2.0
FileVersion : 6.0.18.2
InternalName : EO.Web.dll
LegalCopyright : Copyright (C) 2006 - 2008 Essential Objects, Inc. All rights reserved.
OriginalFilename : EO.Web.dll
ProductName : Essential Web Controls
ProductVersion : 6.0.18.2
Assembly Version : 6.0.18.2
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, October 2, 2008 9:13:27 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We have a newer build that fixed a few minor issues. I am not exactly sure whether it will fix the specific problem for you, but it would be good for you to get the latest version so that we can will start from the same code base. Would you mind to give it a try? We will send you a private message with the download location.

If the new version still does not work, we will need to work on it in order to locate why. Most likely we will need to add some debug information and let you run it. If you can provide an Url and access to your server (you can create a test app on your server so that we won't need to touch anything else), then we can do that on our own without spending too much of your time. We can also host an online meeting for you to share your desktop with us, so that we can work on your machine. That would tie up your machine but it won't need any additional setup.

Thanks