Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

AJAXUploader without file to upload Options
Corobori
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 4:42:29 AM
Groups: Member

I would like to use the AJAXUploader sample found inthis demo but with the difference that it will be part of a more extensive form where my user can upload or not. The think is that the upload button to trigger the postback only is activated when some file is specified. Any way of achieving this ?
eo_support
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 8:01:29 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You will need to use JavaScript to do that. The basic idea is to use your own upload button, then when user clicks the upload button, you start uploading by calling the uploader's upload method:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=JSDoc.Public.AJAXUploader.upload.html

Thanks!
Corobori
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:26:31 AM

When you say "you own upload button". Is it any type of button ? I added one but the upload doesn't look to fire. The alert shown below do appear.

Quote:

<input ID="Button1" type="button" value="button" onclick="return Button1_onclick()" />

function Button1_onclick() {
alert('1')
var uploader = eo_GetObject("AJAXUploader1");
uploader.upload()
alert('2')
}
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:00:13 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

We tested your code and it works fine here. Do you have the page online so that we can take a look?

Thanks
Corobori
Posted: Monday, November 24, 2008 2:52:25 PM

You're right it was working but I didn't notice because I was expecting the AJAXUploader1_FileUploaded event to fire off but as I didn't have a file to upload this event wasn't triggered, which sounds pretty logic.