Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

AutoSelectSource Options
quirtep
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 12:39:12 PM
Groups: Member

I have a menu that is a trigger for an update panel, but the menu is not actually within the update panel because there is a transition animation for that update panel that I don't want applied to the menu. I set AutoSelectSource to ItemClick which makes it so that the item that is clicks becomes selected, and the postback for the update panel is triggered. But, as additional items are selected, the previous items are not un-selected. Is there a property to set to ensure that only one item is selected at a time? Or, is there a client-side way of unselecting all other items when an item is clicked?

I have it working with the menu in it's own update panel, and with server-side code that makes sure only one item is selected, but it seems like it would be better to do it client-side, if possible.

I hope I did a good job of explaining this...

Thank you!
eo_support
Posted: Friday, November 21, 2008 4:30:23 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Unfortunately there isn't a property you can set to make the menu only select one item at a time, but client side method to unselect item does exist:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/ViewDoc.aspx?t=JSDoc.Public.NavigationItem.setSelected.html

You would get the menu item object first, then call menuItem.setSelected(false) to unselect the item.

Thanks!