Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Trying to Work with ProgressBar Options
Menon
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 12:02:52 AM
Groups: Member

Hi there,

I have a normal web page with search button and GridView. Both of which are inside UpdatePanel.
I would like to Use ProgressBar on SearchClick.
I tried the Samples and all but i failed. It guess first i need to use the Server Side Task.
My Progress Bar code:
<eo:ProgressBar runat="server" id="ProgressBar1" ShowPercentage="True" IndicatorImage="00060104"
BackgroundImageRight="00060103" ControlSkinID="None" BackgroundImage="00060101" IndicatorIncrement="7"
BackgroundImageLeft="00060102" Width="300px" StartTaskButton="btnOK" ></eo:ProgressBar>
I dont want anything client Side, but i was getting some Error related to Client... btnOk is my Search Button, my Grid is inside updatepanel..

Thats it. i am not sure...what exactly is needed to make it run.

Any suggestions or feedback would be appreicated

Thank
Menon
eo_support
Posted: Thursday, November 27, 2008 4:58:17 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You will want to try the ProgressBar in a separate page first because I am not sure whether it has anything to do with other contents in your page. If you run into JavaScript error, you need to let us know the exact location of the error and the error message.

Thanks!
Menon
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2008 1:47:27 AM
Groups: Member

Hi ,

Thank you very much for the Reply, Ok here is my Situation. I need to Use the ProgressBar for a GridView which is inside UpdatePanel. My GridView has Functions Edit , Update. Now Since its inside UpdatePanel, when i click Edit it takes bit time and then opens in Edit Mode.I need a ProgressBar for this. Now it tried ProgressBar in My WebPage. I want the ProgressBar to work when i Click Edit or Update. I tried to put the name of LinkButton(Edit) in StartTaskButton of ProgressBar. But it doesnt get it i believe.
And i need it to work on all the Process, that is on Click of Edit, Click of Update. I would really appreciate if you can give me a good example for this case. My WebPage has a Search Option for GridView and the GridView itself. And i am using UpdatePanel everywhere. For Search of Content within the GridView, and as i earlier mentioned about the Edit, Update. I need ProgressBar for all these functions.

Again thank you, i would appreciate if you can give me an example related to this issue.

Thanks

Menon
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 8, 2008 1:40:09 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi Menon,

I do not think you can use a ProgressBar for such a scenario. The ProgressBar works by communicating with the server to refresh the progress information. It's something like this:

1. Start: Client -> Server -> Call your server side RunTask handler;
2. Your RunTask handler reports progress: Server -> Client. This step repeats many times;
3. Your RunTask handler reports the task is done: Server -> Client;

The key that you missed is, each time the ProgressBar moves, it's because some information comes from server side to client side to tell it to move. In your case, you want it to move while the client side is waiting for the first response from the server. In another word, you want it to move when it does not hear anything back from the server. This is directly against how the ProgressBar works.

Thanks