Please have a look at http://www.itsogood.be/Default.aspx?lg=FR

The code for the main navigation menu is:

<eo:Menu ID="mnuNavigation" runat="server">
<LookItems>
<eo:MenuItem IsSeparator="True" ItemID="_Separator"
NormalStyle-CssText="color: #000000">
</eo:MenuItem>
<eo:MenuItem ItemID="_Default"

NormalStyle-CssText="background-color:white;color:#FF00FF;font-size:16px;font-weight:bold;padding-bottom:3px;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;padding-top:3px; cursor: hand;"
HoverStyle-CssText="background-color:#FFFFFF;color:#800080;font-size:16px;font-weight:bold;padding-bottom:3px;padding-left:3px;padding-right:3px;padding-top:3px; cursor: hand;">
</eo:MenuItem>
</LookItems>
</eo:Menu>

(Menuitems are dynamically added using code behind).

I have 2 problems withs this menu:

1) I can't make the 1st level submenu look the same as the top level of the 2nd level (tried the change _Default lookitem of Sub Menu, tried changing TopGroup and TopLevelItem (which by the way confuse me a lot), without succeeding.
What am I doing wrong ?

2) I can't make the submenuicon appear for the top level.

Please help !
Best Regards,
Alexis
AlexisVZ
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:34:33 AM
Groups: Member

As an addtionnal info I just noticed the problem with the 1st level submenu not being correctly formatted occurs with IE7, but not with Firefox or Safari ...
AlexisVZ
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:54:16 AM

Further additionnal info: the cause seems to be the SubMenuIcon that appears in that level.
Because, when I try to set a SubMenuIcon using the following code behind, the format is also lost at the top level:

If MenuItem.SubMenu.Items.Count > 0 Then
MenuItem.RightIcon.Url = "\images\SubMenuIcon.gif"
End If
--------------------
AlexisVZ
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:20:11 AM

I have updated the site on http://www.itsogood.be/Default.aspx?lg=FR, with a temporary workaround, so you'll not be able to see the problem there ... but it should be easy to reproduce or if you provide me an e-mail adress I can send a screenshot ...
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 11:47:32 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Our menu does not render sub menu icon on top level items because that's not the desired result for most users. Most users only want the sub menu icon to appear on menu items inside dropdowns. You can however use RightIcon to simulate sub menu icons for top level items.

I am not exactly sure what you was referring to for #1. Generally you should use _TopLevelItem for your top level items and _Default for the result. Please feel free to let us know if you still have any questions on that.

Thanks!
AlexisVZ
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:49:28 PM

Yes, I still have the issue that as soon as SubMenuIcon or RightIcon is displayed, in IE7,some CSS properties (or the whole Lookitem ?) are not applied. For instance the font color and size. In Firefox or Safari they are applied.
eo_support
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 4:21:59 PM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You will want to make sure your page is in standard compliant mode. You can also try to set font information on MenuGroup level. If none of those works for you, you can try to set menu item's Text to include an image tag for the sub menu icon instead of using RightIcon. That way you will have full control of menu item text and styles.

Thanks!