Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Dialog in callbackpanel in splitter Options
AlexisVZ
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 9:20:33 AM
Groups: Member

Hello,

I have a webpage that uses a splitter with 2 splitterpanes and a callback panel in each splitterpane.

I need to add a confirmation dialog showing when the user clicks a button in the right splitterpane/callback panel. This button is a trigger for it's callbackpanel.

If I add the dialog outside of the splitter and callback panels, it doesn't show after a callback happened on the panel containing the ShowButton (at least a believe it's the cause). I guess the callback somehow breaks the link between the showbutton and the dialog ...

If I add the dialog inside the right splitterpane in the same callbackpanel as hte Showbutton, it always shows up but is masked by the left splitterpane appearing in front (despite topmost being set to true), and the buttons inside the dialog do not work ... only if there has not yet been a callback on the left splitterpane.

Can you please help me to solve this problem ?
Best Regards,
Alexis
AlexisVZ
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 11:38:48 AM
Groups: Member

FYI: I could solve the problem by putting the dialog in a third callbackpanel with the same groupname as the other 2 callbackpanels and located outside of the splitter.
eo_support
Posted: Monday, December 22, 2008 11:56:02 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

Using a separate CallbackPanel maybe the best way to do it. When the dialog is logically contained inside another element, it can be visually contained as well. So putting it outside would make sense.

Thanks!