Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Sign In | Register

Tring to install samples. Options
John
Posted: Sunday, January 4, 2009 7:33:14 AM
Groups: Member

I am trying to use these components for the first time. I am new to .net.

I have copied the VB samples to a folder on my server and ge the foloiwng error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 42: by Microsoft that offers a single logon and core profile services for member sites.
Line 43: -->
Line 44: <authentication mode="Windows" />
Line 45:
Line 46: <!-- AUTHORIZATION

What am i doing wrong?
eo_support
Posted: Sunday, January 4, 2009 8:00:29 AM
Groups: Administration

Hi,

You can't really copy an application to the server and expect it to run. You will need to configure your IIS to set it as an application, and unless you are very clear about what you are doing, you will want to avoid putting one application inside another application's child folders. Otherwise you may run into all kind of problems like the one you had because the child directory inherits config files from parent directory.

If you wish to start with our sample project, you can try to run it locally first. If you use Visual Studio, you can run it directly from Visual Studio and that should avoid both problems for you. Since we are a component vendor, our support will be focus on our product. As a result, we will not be able to provide support on generic IIS configuration or troubleshooting issues. So if you are not familiar with those, you may want to seek other resource.

You can review our official support policy at here:

http://www.essentialobjects.com/Forum/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=1368

Thanks!